Newport Bay Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Newport)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This motel is close to everything. The historic bay front is not far if you want to go see what it has to offer. Also th Newport Bay is just over the bridge from the aquarium and the brewery. We could see the ocean a bit from our window and hear it at night. There was beach accessable by foot just two blocks down and other beaches were short driving distance if you don't feel like wending your way down a big flight of stairs at the beach itself.

The price of the room was great. We had cable, free wifi, a microwave and a fridge. The room was clean and well stocked with everything you would expect to be provided. The laundry was convenient as well. The place could use some work but I was satisfied as a guest there. The management were very friendly and accommodated my son and I even after the booking site i used screwed up my reservations.

My only issue was that we had a top floor room that did not have a screen or locking mechanism on it. My son is a toddler and very interested in how gravity affects things that he sticks out the window. Also I felt it was unsafe for my little guy. Luckily, I am a very watchful parent but you never know what kids are going to do. Other than the one safety issue on the window my stay was great. We will come back to visit.

Room Tip: You can see the ocean from top floor rooms. The evening sun and breaze are nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Nice corner room, clean, comfortable and roomy. Is it the Ritz? No, but it is much more than most 'bargain' motel rooms I have been in for the last month. Owners are very friendly and extremely helpful. Free Wi Fi, really as long as you keep your expectations in line, you can't go wrong by staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 41 - a corner efficiency with two bedrooms a living room and a kitchenette. Though you are looking over other buildings and parking lots, it was clean, very comfortable and every window has a view of ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Needed a place for one night of sleep. Big room, nicely equipped. It looked old and outdated though, but it was clean. People made a lot of noise from outside the motel, the walls didn´t help. Other than that it was an alright stay for the price. Free wifi.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Toris1
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is my 2nd trip to Newport for work in the last 3 weeks. After driving around for almost an hour, I came across Newport Bay and decided to give it a try. The staff at front desk were very welcoming and that's always a good first impression! The room was nice and tidy and the beds were well-maintained. There's plenty of great places nearby for lunch (where I'm writing this review right now) and plenty more near my place of work (Bayfront). Definitely will be back again!

Room Tip: Rooms are the top floor are great but if you have want to be near your car, the bottom floor borders the parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Merk2013
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My mother, sister, nephew, my two sons and I came from Montana for an overnight stay. I found this hotel online after we had arrived and decided it had all of our required amenities based on the description in the website. We were most interested in the availability of the laundry facilities and continental breakfast due to our large party and long trip.
We checked in around 3 PM and headed straight to the beach. We planned to play for a few hours, return for dinner and showers and then wash up the clothes. We returned to the room shortly before 7:00. By the time dinner was eaten and all showers were taken, it was almost 9:00. Still plenty of time for laundry, or so we thought. Apparently the facilities here close at 8:30 PM and do not open back up until 8:30 AM. There was no mention of this on either website that I checked while searching. Inconvenient, to say the least.
One of the websites mentioned complimentary continental breakfast, as did the guest directory book in our room. When I went in search of it at 8:30 AM, I was informed that there had to be a certain amount of guests checking out for it to be provided and as we were the only checkout that morning, there would be no breakfast.
There was a large gap between the room entry door and the floor, so a very cold breeze was constantly moving through. During the heat of summer, this feature would have been delightful. The turntable in the microwave did not turn, the faucet in the kitchenette sink needs replaced, the toilet did not flush properly and there was a cluster of hair on the back of the toilet.
On a positive note, the bed was comfortable and the water pressure in the shower was divine. The front desk staff was friendly, though obviously embarrassed by the company's lack of follow through on offered amenities. I would never stay here again and would urge anyone, friend or foe, to seek other accommodations. I expect to get what I pay for. I will stick to Best Western from now on.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Tishariah
KellyzOregon, Manager at Newport Bay Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Let me first apologize for the agonizing stay that your review so boldly pointed out. The property believes that for the price of just 84.00 plus tax that you were charged for the 6 people occupying the room was a good deal especially based on the fact that the room was booked for only 4 at the time it was made. We understand that traveling is a tiring ordeal, and we were glad to accommodate your rather large party. I would like to address a few key issues with your review and I am doing so only because you mentioned them. In reading the problems that you discussed with the unit I referred back to my front desk log that is to record guest concerns or complaints that they may have during their stay. To my surprise I found no issues brought to the attention of the property managers or its staff. The turntable in the microwave, the gap with the entry door or the faucet in the kitchen sink, nor toilet not flushing properly and certainly not the "cluster of hair" you apparently found on the back of the toilet. I myself have traveled many miles across these United States and had I checked into a room and found exactly what you are stating you found I sure would of contacted the front office and had the situation rectified or found other accommodations. It is difficult to resolves problems, when the problems IF and when they occur are not related to the proper people to have them fixed. Other then the situation with the breakfast, that has been discontinued due to lack of participation with the guest. 9 out of 10 people do not even bother with the breakfast since there are numerous restaurants in the area that serve some fantastic breakfast items. The issue regarding the laundry and its hours. The laundry room hours are basic guidelines, thus meaning that the laundry room is basically open 24/7 for our guest to use as some do it in the early am and some as you would of done in the pm had you again contacted the front office regarding the issue. We supply quarters for the laundry and soap if our guest should require it.
I am unsure of the validity of your complaints (other then the breakfast) based solely on the fact that these issues only seems to come about after you checked out. At check out you left your keys on the front desk and again at that time did not related your problems to anyone. Other then your attempt to make this property seem disrespectful if its guest, I find that your issues were unfounded.
I feel that if we had known of these issues while you were here that they could of been resolved in a timely manner and you would of been hard pressed to write this review, but you decided not to give us a chance...