“Some of the best Thai food w/plenty of Gluten Free options.”

Lucky Thai Elephant Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 111 Restaurants in Newport
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Some of the best Thai food w/plenty of Gluten Free options.”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My wife and I decided to order take out after reading some reviews of this place. I ordered the Massaman Curry w/pork, it was some of the best I've had. My wife ordered the lemon chicken Thai Barbecue, she was very pleased. We also enjoyed an order of the Coconut mango ice-cream, it was also very yummy. I would't hesitate to go back. The restaurant was very clean and a pleasant environment. Well done!

Talent, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This restaurant looked suspicious on the outside, but the food was fantastic. My husband and I love thai food and wherever we go we like to try the local spots. The food was great. It tasted just like I wanted it too. The staff was very nice and attentive. Overall a great experience for us.

Portland, Oregon
“Worth a chance!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were a little suspicious judging the external appearance (and location) but this restaurant was very full so that reassured us! We both really enjoyed our meal and they were very accommodating of my swapping veggies and request for there to be no fish sauce in the red curry sauce! All in all I would recommend this restaurant.

Visited September 2012
Hermiston, Oregon
“This is an awesome place to eat!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The food here is exceptional and great value!! This is very authentic Thai cuisine!!! The staff is super friendly and very attentive!!! Kid friendly!! Highly recommended!!!

Portland, Oregon
“authentic flavors in a family-style restaurant in a small, coastal town”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Unpretentious, outside & in, the Lucky Thai Elephant has unexpectedly good food. The restaurant offers a variety of flavorful curries, stir fries, fried rice. If you like spicy food, this is the place for you! Many restaurants tend toward the conservative when making spicy entrees, but not Lucky Thai. Here, "hot" means hot. I had the jungle curry, made "hot" to order, & ended up appropriating a full pitcher of water to accompany my meal. Even though it was spicy enough to make my eyes water, the blend of flavors in the entree still shone through. My dinner partner had the curry fried rice, which was likewise zesty & flavorful. Portion size is generous; we both took home enough left-overs for another meal. The service was cheerful & friendly, although somewhat slow the night we were there. Only two servers were on staff to attend to a restaurant full of people, but the servers remained uncommonly polite & pleasant, despite the work load.