“Thai Food”

Ranked #37 of 115 Restaurants in Newport
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife loves their Thai soup. Good authentic Thai food at a very reasonable price. We eat here every time we are in town.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The food was amazing. The staff were great and the food came quickly. My server did make a small mistake by refilling my diet coke with root beer but I didn't care because the food was so good. I will visit here again.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Since I wrote my last review of this restaurant nearly two years ago, I am pleased to see so many complimentary reviews. No, I'm not connected with the Lucky Thai in any way - I am just glad that other folks are discovering the good food here!

We eat here about once a month or so and it is consistently very good. The service is polite, friendly and efficient.

One thing we really like is that they are always willing to take out any ingredient from just about any dish. I have no idea how they do that! We love the Tom Kha soup with chicken, but don't care for galanga root or cilantro. They never hesitate to say "Of course you can get it without those".

They also make a very mild curry for us, and we enjoy that a lot. Hmmm, it's safe to say we have enjoyed just about everything we've ever ordered here!

We ate dinner here a few days ago with friends from Portland - they were pleasantly surprised at the quality and taste and said it compared very favorably with any Thai restaurant in Portland .

It can be a little hot and stuffy on a warm day, as the windows don't open and there is no air conditioning.

1  Thank half-Brit
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Great Thai food and really fast service! Lunch is wonderful as they bring you a cup of Tom Kah while you decide what to order.
Very good curries, noodle dishes. Thai Ice tea is yummy.
Very friendly family owned business. This is my favorite Newport restaurant!
You can even get brown rice if you like. I have gone here dozens of times with friends, family and by myself. As a vegetarian, I really appreciate the options to get almost any menu item with tofu or just veggies, while my loved ones get their beef, pork, chicken or seafood.

1  Thank avalon_mist_lmt
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We live here and we have eaten Thai food at some of the best restaurants all over the U.S. This is up there among our favorite two. The food is authentic, fresh and delicious. The family who owns it is very sweet and they always get the spices exactly how you ask for it. They remember how spicy we each like our dishes and the kind of rice we prefer. The prices are affordable and it is always a pleasant experience. You won't be sorry you ate here.