“Interesting Place”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery
Bend, Oregon
“Interesting Place”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Ate here June 2014 on advice of a local. The place was very busy we ate about 3pm I only mention this as think it may of had bearing on my experience. The people working there were very friendly and their menu is huge.
I chose pork chops and my husband chose chicken fried steak. The serving was generous and the menu said everything was from scratch. My dinner consisted of two pork chops, real mashed potatoes with brown gravy ( I had choice) and some mixed grilled vegetables. Here was my issue, the food was warm, my pork chops were dry and tough. The vege's were excellent as was the potatoes and gravy. I had the feeling they had been scooped out a a vat and therefore not hot.
My husband had a lovely chicken fried streak with all the trimming, his dinner was hot and could tell just prepared. All the food we saw being served looked wonderful.
I think if they made sure each meal was served hot it would improve it all.
We come to the coast twice a year and I would return here order something different. You can tell its a very popular spot and I can certainly see why.
My only advice if you ordered something here tell them you want your food "hot.
They serve breakfast lunch and dinner 24 hours a day.

Walla Walla, Washington, United States
“Good food. ”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

This was recommend to us by locals. My son ordered a monster burger that was 2 lbs. For $10.00!! This was huge and delish. I had crab cakes and the wife had a crab melt sandwich.. All was delivered hot and fresh. Go. Go. Go. !!! Do not wait.

Oregon
“Wouldn't go back”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stopped in for lunch on Tuesday afternoon, not a busy time. Halibut fish and chips...well I can't say for sure it wasn't halibut, I suspect some other white fish and plank fries were soggy. My mother in law had shrimp melt with the same soggy plank fries. My grandson had PBJ with crispy generic french fries. Service wasn't bad, prices were kind of high, especially considering the quality;
and the restroom was terrible. Next time I would find a better place to what should have been really good seafood.

3 Thank senorlatteoregon
Portland, Oregon
“Worth a visit, good family restaurant”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Definitely worth a visit, especially if you like family run restaurants. The quality does vary but overall it is good. Better ingredients bring it up to 4 stars. And if you are traveling Hwy101 in the middle of the night, it is a welcome oasis.

The menu tends towards fried and grilled but you can lighten it up, just ask, they are very willing to make a change for you. For example, ask to have the chicken avocado club on toasted bread instead of grilled, its yummy. Salads are chunky with a variety of vegis. Clam chowder is very good. We like to split the Monster burger (messy but good). Coffee is a decent drip. For breakfast the Newport Scramble is good, and for a treat get the cinnamon swirl as your toast (its last on their verbal list so its easy to miss).

Newport
“Proof location is everything”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Don't be put off by the size or corner location on 101 & 6th. The menu is 24/7, rain or shine. The quality, amount of food & prices are hard to beat. Give it a try for breakfast, lunch, dinner & that after midnight craving for just something good.

• Visited May 2014