“First time - would stop again......”
Review of Newport Cafe

Newport Cafe
Ranked #16 of 115 Restaurants in Newport
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Since I had not eaten before at Newport Cafe thought that I would give it a try. Obviously a local favorite I see many cars there whenever I'm in Newport. I had Cod Fish & Chips they were very good. More fish than batter. Cooked very well. The burgers that were being served to other customers looked good. And I heard a male customer rave about the Clam Chowder and his wife indicated that he was very picky about his Clam Chowder. Will try again another time. Y

1  Thank Cooper1941

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place is quirky but fun. The reason it is always busy is because they use real coffee mugs, not cups, great food and plenty of it.

Now let's talk Razor Clams and Eggs. This place by far serves the biggest most tender and perfectly cooked razor clams anywhere. The portions are large, and the coffee always good and fresh. The hash browns are great, eggs cooked right, and the service is great.

We like coming here when we come to Newport because we like quirky little places that serve good food.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

The food isn't "bad" but seems more like hype. Bacon, sausage, deep fried (for speed I guess) but cold by the time the customer gets it so really, what was the hurry? I DO however highly recommend the clam chowder...satisfying, creamy, lots of clams and flavor. I would go back for the chowder...

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had a mixed dining experience at this charming café. While the fish and chips were excellent (delicious cod), the French toasts, eggs, and sausages were rather mediocre. The price seemed reasonable to us. Our bill averaged out to around $14 per person.

1  Thank Gaakin D
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Casual roadside diner. Nothing fancy. Obviously a local favorite - place was packed. Stopped at 10:30 for a late breakfast, but since the entire menu of breakfast, lunch, and dinner is served 24 hours a day, we had lunch instead. I had the Reuben sandwich with a fruit cup and Hubby had the Land Lovers Burger. Both were very good. Service average.