“the rooms where smaller the proytered in the pictures. and...”
Review of Travelodge Newport

Travelodge Newport
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Newport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were on a last minute business trip/vacation so we were trying to stay on a budget and saw that this hotel had a 4 star rating online and so we booked sight unseen, let me tell you, that 4 star rating is a LIE.

First off, the building looked like it was falling apart and the front desk clerks were not very friendly. When we entered the room, it at least LOOKED nice, but it had a very stale smell to it and later we found some random stains on the bed covers. We were one of three groups of people in the hotel and we were all placed right next to each other.

The King size mattress was the WORST mattress I have ever slept on, and I sell mattresses, so I know the best, the worst and the decent. My arms were in a constant state of numb throughout the night when I could sleep, but around 5 am, we both woke up due to being numb and uncomfortable and heard a very strange and quite frightening noise that sounded like it came from under the bed!

In the morning when we left, they didn't even offer us any of the "continental" breakfast, which looked like a few pieces of fruit and some stale bread I'd seen there the night before.

Lastly, we left a camera battery plugged in and didn't realize until a few hours after we had left, when I called back in they said they had it. Why didn't they call me to alert me I had left something behind?? Very Disappointed!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel! Spend the extra bucks!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AmandaPhoto
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Wow. We should've passed on this motel. So disappointing. Newport is a great town, but this motel needs serious basic improvements. New comforters without stains would be great. Rug had lots of stains. Gross. Shower knob was working, but looked in need of repair, but most of all, why on earth is their plastic covering the mattresses. Awful. Sleeping on plastic is not something I would choose to pay for without being asked if I would like that. The toilet seat needs some repairs, but a new toilet lid would be a great start. I would never recommend anyone stay here when you are on vacation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Newport hotels