“Crab for the heart!”

Fish Peddler's Market
Ranked #32 of 116 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

I have been stopping here for many years and it's always fresh. The shrimp and crab cocktails are always must haves. The selection of fresh crab and fish are well priced as well. Good service and great location.

1  Thank PuraVida6

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We went to the Newport bayfront and decided we would check out some of the local places to get some fresh crab…
The best price and freshest crab anywhere is right here…
You can get a half crab already shelled in a very nice decorative scalloped white bowl for $9.95.
We opted to crack a whole crab ourselves and within minutes a nice big steamed Dungeoness Crab was placed in front of us with the utensils we needed plus some cheese toast.
I have cracked crab most of my life but they had the best utensils I have ever used and the crab was so fresh it was excellent.
Atmosphere is exactly what you would expect for a working-class type fishmarket… No creature comforts and no-frills…
I would come back again anytime, & I bought a pair of the lobster and crab crackers they had because they really were the best ever!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We did not eat in the restaurant, but did like the fresh fish counter associated with the fish wholesaler next door. We bought a pound of shelled and de-veined shrimp and a pound of crab meat.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

the Oregon baby shrimp were amazing - like eating candy, very fresh. Also whole, fresh-caught albacore and other items right out of the nearby waters.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I ate here on a previous visit, but since battered, fried food isn't my thing, on this visit, I made a daily trip about 3 pm each day to buy local fish and seafood to prepare myself. The fish (albacore tuna) and seafood (whole crab, crabmeat and shrimp) was very fresh and tasty, and the staff was very helpful and good-natured about explaining to a Wisconsin gal how much to buy how to prepare it, etc.