“Authentic to be sure!”

Fish Peddler's Market
Ranked #34 of 109 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Currently Oregon
“Authentic to be sure!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Do drop in here if only not to miss the amazing processing of little shrimp. You can see the whole activity through the windows. And great, fresh, fish and chips. Last time I was in Mo's, and it's been years, I asked what was fresh on the menu and was promptly told everything is fresh....FROZEN! Really? This is a primary Oregon fishing port! You sure don't see any locals standing in line there.

Sherwood, Oregon
“A very pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I ate here for an early dinner (around 3pm) this past Thursday. My son and eaten here last week and told us to be sure and try the lingcod fish and chips. I did just that and it was outstanding. In fact, I can easily compare a similar dish (fish and chips) that I had the night before at Mo's across the street. The Fish Peddler's beat Mo's fish and chips hands down - no competition! The fish at the Fish Peddler was so fresh and the panko coating fantastic. I also added a dinner salad with shrimp and the shrimp was wonderful! So tender and absolutely clean. There were two young women assisting in the market and restaurant. One of the gals wasn't feeling very well and when she first brought my beer out I wasn't too sure, but a short time later she was back out and right on the mark and very attentive. Even though we were the only ones eating at the time, the was a lot of taking out business and purchases going on in the market.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Judith S
Burnaby, Canada
“Underrated restaurant along the Oregon Coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Located along the Historic Bayfront, Fish Peddlers is a seafood market and restaurant. As everyone lines up at Original Mo's Seafood across the street, this little cafe restaurant should be the place to go. It's not very big, but you can order a take out order to go.

You can watch the shrimp machine in the warehouse as you eat in the restaurant. The menu has a good selection of various seafoods, and a kid's menu. The fish and chips are very good, and the prawn po'boy was tasty with a chipotle type sauce.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank iceman68
Salina, KS
“beat my expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

The place doesn't look like much but the fish tacos and the tomato based fish stew were excellent. This is not fine dining but the food is tasty and the prices are very reasonable for being right on the dock in a touristy area.

Visited July 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Service was the worst I have ever had”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have eaten here several times as the popcorn shrimp is excellent; however, it is very hit or miss if they are open in the early evening. We ate there this past Saturday. The waitress was obviously put out that we were there. We ordered 3 items and she had us repeat them 3 times before she got it right. The restaurant itself was dirty, the bathrooms were messy and had no paper towels. When the waitress brought us our meal she actually asked if we wanted forks and napkins! The meal was OK but I have had better there. While eating the waitress started cleaning and preparing to close the restaurant. She took a big can of Pledge and starting spraying the table tops!! Not only is this the wrong thing to clean and sanitize resaurant tables, but then the whole restaurant reaked of Lemon Pledge. She then came over to the table next to us and really sprayed away. We asked her to stop until we finished. The rest of our meal had a bit of lemon pledge to it. She continued to clean, put up chairs around us. She never checked if were OK or brought us our bill. As much as I have enjoye the food here in the past I can't imagine coming back. The service wa inexcusable and I never felt like our business was wanted or appreciated. I had eaten at Moe's two days before with exact opposite experience.

• Visited July 2012