“Great value and clean rooms”

Knights Inn Newport
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great value and clean rooms”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

A nice, quiet and clean facility, with a friendly staff. Will stay there again when passing through.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I stayed for three nights on 12/18/11-12/20/11 and three nights on 12/28/11-12/30/11. I requested a room that had never been smoked in and never had pets in it, and believe that I got that kind of room. It was very clean. The carpet was a little worn in but very clean. I brought my own food (precooked and fruits). The mini-refrigerator was larger that the mini-refrigerator in other motels I have stayed at.

The view out the back was of the back yard, but that was ok because I kept the curtains closed for privacy and to keep the heat in. The room was well insulated and although the temperatures dipped to the mid 30's at night I had no problem with temperature comfort. I just simply occasionally turned on the air conditioner..

I had no problems with noise from adjacent rooms or road traffic noise. Of course some of that was due to courteous guests in the other rooms.

Being able to park my car just outside the door of the motel room was convenient.

The personnel at the front desk were very nice and helpful and easy to talk to.

My stay at the Knights Inn Newport was very pleasant and it didn't break the bank. If I need to stay overnight in Newport again I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a first floor room on the southwest wing facing east and away from Hwy101 about 150 feet. I w...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank PleasedCustomer_12
albany oregon
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The good points * comfortable bed * plenty of towels *micro and fridge in room * a/c in room *Quiet *very close to stores,restaurants and nitelife! *rate was good * front desk guy was a little bit too sarcastic but cleaned it up when he realized I wasn't smiling.
The Bad points *carpet was so filthy we had to wear shoes because our feet got black just walking around the room for a few minutes * view out the back was crappy * Front desk was patrolling the donuts for breakfast to make sure you stuck to the "one per person limit"

The good outweighed the bad so...if I'm ever on a tight budget I will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Gresham, Oregon
Reviewed July 16, 2011

The management is very friendly. We got a second floor room which was clean and updated. I was very concerned about the tile floor on the breezeway outside. This is a wet climate and it is slick. Be careful or ask for a first floor room.

I was very dissappointed in the breakfast. At most places you can have cereal or waffles. Here you allowed (per the sign) one plastic wrapped, store-bought pastry and one piece of fruit. Rats. I was counting on this to avoid another meal out, but it really is not satisfactory.

Parking is limited, and they need to get rid of someone's boat taking up two stalls.

I might give them another try, since they were so nice and still in the process of figuring it out. However, I probably won't return unless they upgrade the breakfast. That is important to me.

Room Tip: Ground floor only.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Jeff1955, General Manager at Knights Inn Newport, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
I do like your reveiw and we will give our atention to your concearns. We are working on our breakfast, adding a breakfast bar and much better breakfast. We will also be adding de-caff as some people still drink it. The tile up stairs will be repaired and some traction strips will be added. I do hope you can plan another stay with us.

Again, thank you.

GM Jeff Dunbar

Travelers are raving about these Newport hotels

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed here in Newport on the 4th of July as a stopover to Depoe Bay. We had travelled most of the day and really appreciated the new management and their friendly response. The room was very clean, rates were fine (for a holiday weekend no less) and the management staff helped direct us to local attractions/dining ideas. Once we arrived at Depoe Bay, we realized we had left some of our sons clothes in the room, we called up they were waiting for us the next morning to pick up. Coffee, juice and a Danish were offered to all in our group (8)
Will definately stay here again thanks to the level of friendlines we were greeted with! Thanks from IDAHO...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Filthy carpet, chair so dirty we sat on our camping chairs, noisy dark room and breakfast a joke. Room stank of tobacco smoke (non-smoking room!) Bed and bathroom OK. Miles from downtown. Worst motel we encountered in 10 week trip across USA. We're easy going and not fussy.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 186273Val
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Jeff and the staff are great people, they make you feel right at home.They have knowledge of the area and will try their best to help in any way they can. Looking forward to relaxing there again.It was clean and will be telling others. thanks!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends