“Good food and fun atmosphere”
Review of Savory Cafe & Pizzeria - CLOSED

Savory Cafe & Pizzeria
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Wonderful, fresh, local ingredients, and made to order foods. We offer appetizers, salads, sandwiches, fish tacos, specialty dinners and the best pizza in town. Delivery available, Family Friendly, WiFi. Open 11-9 with live music Tues, Thur, Fri, and Saturday nights and Sunday day. Come on down for the BEST meal there is in Nye Beach.(541) 574-9365 526 NW Coast Street in Newport, Oregon.
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Savory has live music (not loud) during the Summer months. the atmosphere is very casual and there is game boards on many of the tables such as scrabble and yahtzee. Their pizza is good and servers are friendly. My favorite is their pasta with spicy vegetables and my daughter likes their margarita pizza.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

My wife and I drove in from Boise to spend our 21st wedding anniversary a like we do each year. We rented a suite on NW Coast ST and really just wanted some place close to grab a bite and a cold brew. The people of Newport all seem very nice but to be completely honest the restaurant hospitality in my opinion is lacking due to tourism. Its sad but it seems that the more revenue an eatery makes the less customer service is offered. SAVORY CAFÉ & PIZZERIA was a definite breath of fresh air. There was a peaceful ambiance with a friendly staff and mellow live music. Mike was our server and as it turns out he and his wife own the place as well. He recommended the Cheesy Garlic Buds to start out with. Lets just say they are freakin great but be careful they can be a meal all by them selves.We then ordered a large Hawaiian pizza. The Canadian Bacon they use on this bad boy is second to none I've had in 40 years. The part of the night that will always stick in my head was that Mike visually inspects ever pie that came out of that kitchen. At one point a waitress came walking out of the kitchen with some beautiful looking pizza Mike gave it a curious look as it went by and told the girl to send it back because there want enough cheese on it. Why cant more people care about their product and our satisfaction.

Thanks SAVORY CAFÉ & PIZZERIA
The Sparks family.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We went here for dinner one night. The spring rolls were cold inside. I had falafel on a very tough pita that was overstuffed and extremely messy to eat with a side of lukewarm carrot-ginger soup. My boyfriend had fish tacos, which he said were good. We waited over 30 minutes for our meals although they weren't terribly busy (they did have several take-out orders). The service was friendly, but slow and inattentive. I don't think we'd go back.

1  Thank RoamingTheGlobe
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We are not an easy family to feed. I am celiac and my 7 year old has a severe dairy and peanut allergy. Back home there are several restaurants that are able to accomodate both of us and there are even more who are willing to try (by reading labels, talking to the chef, etc.) but we have NOT had the same luck on the Oregon coast. We have visited 3 other popular seafood restaurants this week and only one of those was willing to work with the dietary restrictions. It's been rather disappointing and extremely frustrating to enjoy a meal out during our stay.....until we found Savory!!!!

Savory's menu is chock-full of different vegan and/or GF options. I had a hard time choosing what to order so my husband and I split two different dishes, a GF pizza and the GF yellow curry. We had the GF White Spinach pizza and it was hands down the best GF pizza I have ever had!!! It was delicious, crisp and extremely flavorful, I wish I could get this back home! The yellow curry was also delicious! The veggies were the perfect tenderness and the sauce was amazing. I would order both of these again and again.

My diary allergic kiddo had black beans and rice with tortillas - the only thing he would have liked to see on the menu is some guacamole but this wasn't really a mexican restaurant so that's forgivable. My ten year old the "mac and cheese sandwhich" and he was ecstatic!

Hubby and I also split a pitcher of Mike's famous lime margaritas and let me just say WOW! Once again the best I've ever had - wish I knew his secret!! They were not too sweet but not too sour either...they were just delicious and not at all watered down.

My kids were also excited about the "Kids Corner" where they could go and read books, play with a few toys and hang out with some other kids. This is such a brilliant idea for families of active kids - I wish every restaurant had a Kids Corner!!!!

I have to say that I really appreciate a place like this that caters to accommodating dietary restrictions. Previous to visiting Savory I was disappointed with our dining experiences on the Oregon coast - one place even had me in tears they were so rude to us about our restrictions. I would have been more than happy to pay a bit more at a place like this but I was pleasantly surprised when our bill came. A meal for our family of 4 (including a pitcher of margaritas) was less than $75. Good "safe" food at a great price - who could ask for more? (Note: I am in no way affiliated with Mike or the Savory Cafe - I just truly appreciated this little place from the bottom of my heart.)

Thanks Mike - we'll be back for sure :)

2  Thank RainbeauBrite
Reviewed March 24, 2012

My wife is gluten free and vegetarian so we searched and found Savory in Newport. One word. WOW. I'm the zero-allergy carnivore and I was beyond pleased with my options. Simply put, *amazing* food for literally any taste or disposition (carnivore/vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free). It was so good we went back the next night for more. They have a kids play area and even light acoustic live music (on the Saturday we were there). We will be regulars on every visit to Newport. Try the jalapeno margarita!

3  Thank Patrick M