We spent the week of Christmas (Dec 23-30) in Condo #111 Pacifica. We stayed here 5 years ago at the same time in #131 and really loved it. Since then, things have certainly changed. Their website states: "Little Creek Cove is the only Newport, Oregon hotel that is located on the beach; cross the lawn and you have access to three miles of pristine, sandy beach. There are no long staircases down steep bluffs, no walks down a road to a public beach access." In reality, not only is there no simple access out to the beach, there is NO access at all from anywhere on the property. Any bridge or access they used to have is long gone. When we checked in, the person at the desk gave my husband 4 large plastic bags and suggested we wear these to wade across. See photos. The next morning we clocked .7 mile from our condo, up the hill, down the road, jump the creek and out to the surf. This was very disappointing, and should be addressed on their website. It is false advertising.
One of the two large windows in the living room is so full of moisture (between double panes) it effectively blocks your view of the ocean. The other one has also started to lose it's seal. The furnishings are dated, but acceptable. There were also some good things about it. It had a well-stocked kitchen with plenty of cookware and dishes and a nice new electric stove. They provided paper towels, napkins, dishwasher detergent and linens. The kitchen window however, had patches of black mold and peeling paint in the corners. The people in the office were very friendly, and courteous. The house-keepers were pleasant and delivered fresh linens, soap, coffee, etc early each morning. The grounds are well kept. The goose and his 4 duck-friends are fun to watch in the little pond below. Would we return? No. Not until some updating and minor repairs done, but certainly not until acceptable beach access is restored.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Little Creek Cove is the only Newport, Oregon hotel that is located on the beach; cross the lawn and you have access to three miles of pristine, sandy beach. There are no long staircases down steep bluffs, no walks down a road to a public beach access. Each condominium is unique and each offers breathtaking views of the majestic Pacific Ocean. We offer one and two bedroom condominiums, as well as studios, all on beautifully landscaped grounds. Each condominium has been updated, has large windows, a private deck that faces the ocean and a full kitchen that you can cook your fresh seafood in. Breathe in the fresh marine air, hear the call of seabirds riding on the wind, become mesmerized by the ocean waves breaking along the sandy shore. Walk on the beach, build sandcastles, visit the many nearby attractions. Whether relaxing on your private deck, lounging by the fireplace in your tranquil condo, or exploring the beach, tidepools or the town of Newport, Little Creek Cove offers something for everyone. Your home-away-from-home, just steps from the beach, awaits you. Whether you're looking for romantic seclusion or a site for a perfect family vacation, our Newport, Oregon hotel has the perfect accommodations for you, and you will find yourself returning again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Little Creek Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Creek Cove Hotel Newport
- Little Creek Cove Newport, Oregon