“You won't be disappointed! Great food - great price”
Review of Nana's Irish Pub

Nana's Irish Pub
Ranked #3 of 113 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Nana's offers a unique atmosphere and menu in Newport. The food is excellent and the prices are very reasonable. Would recommend that you consider splitting the entrees except for the very large eaters or those that love taking left overs home. We have been to this restaurant 3 times - each was equally good with friendly service. The shepherd's pie, meatloaf and rueben were all great. This is a "must stop" for us on every trip.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Husband and I were traveling with his three nieces and had a really good meal here. My Crispy Cod sandwich was very tasty and the fish was not greasy. All of the girls (19, 16, and 13) ordered Spicy Chicken Tenders in various forms (one wanted the hot sauce on; the other two, on the side - drove me crazy, but the waitress was very accommodating) and loved them. Hubby ordered Clancy's Chicken and also enjoyed it.

Place was packed, but we were seated promptly on a Sunday afternoon. The floors in the dining area were a little area, but that (I think) was more the result of a few families coming in and waiting for a break in-between tables. The two bars are pretty cool; we were in the back, so we had more space to stretch out - outside seating looked nice but we erred on the side of what the nieces wanted.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Nana's is in an area with many great choices, so we rolled the dice on our family trip up the coast. We were not disappointed. Rarely do I eat at a restaurant and then consider mortgaging my house to open a location in my home town. It's my kind of place. My vegetarian GF and my mother-in-law were also pleased - that should speak volumes.

Get the chowder, Sheppard's pie and an Irish beer.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I had first been to Nana's pub last year for the first time, and had a very pleasant experience. The food was excellent and well priced, the service was prompt, it had an atmosphere that was very casual, which I liked; and it had a certain style to it, a coziness. Fast forward to today. The food was once again just as excellent as it was the last time. I happened to have ordered the Reuben both times. The atmosphere had changed, and not for the better. I had a feeling I was at a Ruby Tuesdays or an Applebees. The staff are now wearing uniforms which made me feel like things were a bit too commercial, and the feeling I get is not one of a family owned restaurant with that cozy atmosphere, but more fast paced and frenetic energy that you would find in the bigger cities. I do recommend Nana's to anyone, but new isn't necessarily better. Stick to what you are good at.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

This is a cute Irish Pub with a great outdoor patio for those gorgeous sunny Newport afternoons; dog friendly also. It was very busy on a Saturday at lunchtime, but service was friendly, attentive and efficient, Tried the Fish and Chips. Flavorful breading, fresh fish, and not greasy at all. Generous portion of thick cut fries were hot and tasty. The side salad was your basic greens, tomatoes and cukes; but nothing special. Upbeat atmosphere, good food, and we will certainly return.