“Best Restaurant in Newport -- maybe Oregon!”
Review of Nana's Irish Pub

Nana's Irish Pub
Ranked #4 of 111 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Helena, Montana USA
“Best Restaurant in Newport -- maybe Oregon!”
Reviewed July 14, 2008

A group of 6 gathering in Newport for my husband's 50th birthday stumbled into Nana's for a quick drink. We were so taken with the menu we ordered a few appetizers. The Scotch Eggs were awesome. Happy Hour from 3-6 on weekdays. A glass of good wine was $3.50. That doesn't happen on the coast. My husband, who had had his fill of clams and halibut, ordered the Shepherd's Pie and Cabbage Soup to go. They sent us home with the glass dish it's baked in, trusting that we would return it the next day. We couldn't stay away, we had to return the dish. My sister and I stopped in the next day after shopping on Nye Beach - which is also great - for a glass of wine and more appetizers. The cheese fries, hog wings and chicken in hot sauce and blue cheese were a perfect choice. As we all discussed options for our last night's dinner, the decision was a no-brainer; we had to go back to Nana's. The fish and chips were by far the best we had on the whole trip, Bangers and Mash, out of this world, and the Rueben, fabulous and not too salty. I heard an older couple from England say it was the best Bangers and Mash they'd had in the US. The chunky tomato soup was to die for, so much so I wrote to Bon Appettit to see if they could get the recipe out of them. We spent hours in the Pub that night eating, laughing and listening to the live music. Margo and Robin were excellent wait staff and we all hugged and took photos on the way out the dooor. We will certainly be back!

8 Thank 1stella

Portland, OR
“Best Restaurant in Nye Beach!”
Reviewed July 9, 2008

My family and I just returned from a week at Nye Beach. Although we enjoyed the beach, the aquarium, and the 5th of July Clam Bake, the highlight of our trip was our visit [s] to Nana's Irish Kitchen & Pub.
Since we have a 19 month old, we stopped by the first night for take out and got a Shepherd's Pie and a Chicken Pot Pie to go [they even allowed us to take the crocks with us]. What a delightful treat! My husband and son ate up everything so quickly, we wished we had ordered seconds! We went back the following night for the same thing; this time ordering 2 Chicken Pot Pies [and asking for the recipe!]. NOTE: the pies take 25mins to make so plan on going for a walk or enjoying a few beers while you wait!
Can't go wrong with this place! If you're staying over in the Newport/ Nye Beach area, make sure you put Nana's on your schedule! DEFINITELY worth the trip ~ thanks for making ours so memorable!
Pros - Great food, great beer, great music [live musicians], outdoor seating available
Cons - In heart of Nye Beach so can get touristy ~ go early or late to beat the rush!

8 Thank pnkrkgrl
Newport, OR
“My new Favorite place in Nye Beach”
Reviewed June 22, 2008

I live in Nye Beach and am so happy that they have opened. A very cozy restaurant / bar (smoke free!) with great food. Their Irish Pie's are fantastic, ruben is to die for and my go-to is Nana's Cheesesteak. They recently expanded to a full bar and everything is reasonably priced. Also recently expanded into another dining room as well as put in a dart room. Owners Philamina (sp?) and Tara (mother and daughter) are some of the nicest people that you will meet in Newport.

7 Thank isclaman
stillwater, minnesota
“One more reason to go to Nye's Beach”
Reviewed May 27, 2008

This restaurant with great food and good service in the historic Nye’s Beach neighborhood was recommended by Eileen the Innkeeper at the Grand Victorian; if I ever get back to Newport I’d go back. My wife and I each had a variation of the shepard’s pie. Though it took 25+ minutes as the menu warned, it was worth it. Note that there are several great independent shops (Latitudes, the Book House, Jovi) nearby in case you need to take a stroll…

7 Thank mattludt