“We LOVE this place!!”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been to Newport two times recently and we have gone to Nana's twice. We went once at dinner time and once as they opened. We loved the food each time. When we went for dinner I had Bangers & Mash and my wife had a special Curry version of Sheppard's Pie. Both of them were excellent. This time for lunch my wife had a Tuna sandwich with French Fries and I had a breakfast special Corned Beef Hash and Eggs. Both again were excellent. My wife loves the Pear Cider and I love Smithwick's beer. I have never been to Ireland but when I walk into this place I am transported there instantly. We LOVE this place!!

There are newer reviews for Nana's Irish Pub

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Was in town for business and decided to look for something other than seafood. Found Nana's and had the best Traditional Irish Breakfast since the last one I had in Dublin.

Despite being incredibly busy, we were seated quickly and never had to wait long for food or drinks. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and the food was cooked to perfection! This restaurant warrants a special trip back.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Food was so good! We had the Irish Sausage in Phyllo. Delish!! Loved that we could go in and enjoy a pub ...with our kids!! Quaint, great food and good service! Only complaint ..... Why are the bathrooms so close to the tables? Don't sit there!

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

There are very few dog friendly restaurants in Newport, so that is a BIG PLUS for Nana's. Have eaten here a handful of times since they opened. I think the food is average, but I am not a corn beef fan, so perhaps a bit unfair to say. Good selection of ale and usually decent service.

1  Thank MistyFog1
Reviewed August 13, 2013

During a road trip from Portland to San Francisco via the coast, we stayed in twelve different towns..............and this place was the best of the best! I can't speak for the food as we didn't eat there, but the bar was full of friendly folks, local and travelers. Great bartender, great atmosphere and plenty of people enjoying what looked like great fare. They had free music that started early enough to enjoy. Just a wonderful place in the Nye Beach area. The prices were great too. It's a happy place........go there.