“Erin go Braugh”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013

A Nye Beach (Oregon) habitat for locals and traveler. Nana's offers claasic Irish fare -- shepherd's pie and bubble and squeak (corned beef) to perfection. You don't need butter on Nana's home spun bread. And, Aye, they know how to draw a Guinness, Shamrock and all., Fastitious with a gran outside court.

There are newer reviews for Nana's Irish Pub

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We were tired of the restaurants while staying in Lincoln City so took the trip down to Newport. Wonderful atmosphere and great food! We had the bangers and mash, cod sandwich and shared the bread pudding. Yum! The lady next to us was way excited about the rueben. Hit for sure!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I dined at Nana's Irish Pub with my mom and sister while on a belated Mother's Day retreat to Newport, Oregon. We stopped for lunch on what had to be the best weather day of the year, so far, on the Oregon Coast - perfect weather to enjoy our meal on the patio overlooking the Nye Beach District. If you choose to dine inside, expect a typical pub setting. The patio (weather permitting) would be my preference.

Menu selections were diverse - something for nearly every taste with many dishes not found elsewhere. Sis and I had a salad (conforming to our "diets") with grilled cod (meat additions to salad were offered in a variety of fashions - grilled, fried, etc.) The baby salad greens and the fish were extremely fresh. If I must eat salad, I want it to be good and Nana's was excellent.

Mom had fish and chips which we all rated as mediocre. The fish was good, but with too much breading (a bit soggy) and not very flavorful; the "chips" were average. I have yet to find fish and chips in Newport that fit my description of "great"; seems odd, for a coast town. Perhaps I have just not hit the right places. I have had much better in our Southern Oregon coast area.

Being a pub, the beer list was extensive. I was pleased to order my favorite, Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat. Our service was good and the waitress personable and friendly. She took our order promptly and our meal arrived surprisingly fast considering how busy it was.

I would recommend Nana's for the wide selection of meal offerings at reasonable prices. Avoid the fish and chips and try one of the unique Irish dishes. I hear the Reuben sandwich is excellent. Just don't expect unbeatable fish and chips

1  Thank Susan A H
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We first came across Nana's while exploring the Nye Beach area last fall, enjoyed our meal and decided to come back during our recent visit to Newport. We started off with a Guinness (yes, it had a shamrock on top despite what a previous reviewer said) and a Strongbow cider followed by the steak & Guinness pie for him and the Shepard's pie for me. Both very tasty but if you're in a rush, don't come here as the pace is slower. Prices are reasonable, staff is friendly and the décor is what you would expect of a North American style Irish pub. Would definitely go back if I was in the area.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The reuben was perfectly tender and tasted amazing. With a guiness that was perfect. The chicken sandwich had REAL bacon on it and the chicken wasn't so big that it slid out. With a Harp beer with that it was perfect. DEFINATELY GOING AGAIN!!!