“Greasy, Tasteless Food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed January 30, 2010

This is the greasiest, fatty, most tasteless Chinese food I've ever had. Big portions mean nothing if they are shoveled into greasy, leaking cartons. We called at 9.20 pm for takeout from our hotel 5 minutes away, and they said we had to hurry over before they closed, even though the posted hours claimed they were open until 10pm. Very perfunctory service, we saw another couple just leave because they couldn't get the attention of the hostess. The wonton soup literally tasted like water, and they served it with carrots and lettuce!!?? Just stay clear of Lee's Wok...the place doesn't even try.

1  Thank cyberj2

Reviewed July 30, 2009

Lee's Wok is simply the best chinese food I have ever eaten. It is reasonably priced also, you will get alot of food for your money. My boyfriend and I always have alot to take home, to eat for an additional two more meals.

Reviewed June 5, 2009

Great pan fried noodles and an awsome location. Hit it up twice for some good nite after remedy... very nice folks and well priced. Should have saved my leftovers... next time.

Reviewed May 31, 2009

i didn't read any reviews before I chose this restaurant. I asked the front desk for a recommendation of a local favorite. i'm glad I did.

I just saw that one of the reviews said they got food poisoning. Sorry to hear that. I feel fine today after eatig yesterday. And it really can happen at the best of restaurants.

Food: To start you off, they bring you a kettle of tea - a nice touch and not all Chinese restaurants do this. The food was hot, fresh and very flavorful. I got the Sesame Beef and a combo plate with Sweet and Sour Pork and Kung Po Chicken. I would recommend the Sesame Beef - that was my favorite and then the Sweet and Sour Pork. The Kung Po was a little low on the flavor. The same with the egg rolls - low in flavor and kind of greasy.

Service: The service was fair. Basic attentiveness, not over the top, but good. We didn't ever have to wait for water or to get our bill for very long.

Value: The portions really are HUGE for the price. We ended up taking half our meal home. If you aren't super hungry - just get a combo plate with what you want, add a soup and split the plate.

Atmosphere: There isn't much. It is a boring vinyl booth kind of place. But the food makes up for it.

If you're in the mood for Chinese food on the coast and are in the area of driving through. Stop at this place! It will be worth it. Is it worth driving a long distance for or planning to go out of your way for it? Probably not.

But if it's convenient - it's well worth it and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank explorationearth
Reviewed March 25, 2009

The food was good and we thought we have found a good standby restaurant. Then we went home and all three of us who ate there got extremely bad cases of food posioning...not just a tummy ache or trips to the bathroom, but hospital kind of sick.

3  Thank Je M