“simply great”

Oregon Coast Aquarium
Ranked #3 of 50 things to do in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: The Oregon Coast Aquarium is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization located in Newport, on the beautiful Oregon Coast. Our mission is to create unique and engaging experiences that connect you to the Oregon coast and inspire ocean conservation. The Aquarium is a living classroom for all learning styles and ages. As one of Oregon's top tourist attractions, the Aquarium is a vital educational resource for the state, with over 40,000 students visiting the Aquarium each year. The Aquarium strives to be a center of excellence for ocean literacy and plays an active role in conservation and animal rehabilitation efforts.
Kiev, Ukraine
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“simply great”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

one of the best i had seen. good lay out, good tour and directions, much to play with. the best for the kids.

Visited February 2013

• Greek first
Portland, Oregon
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Has some nice exhibits but overpriced.”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I've visited this museum twice, years ago when I had elementary age children, and just this weekend by myself. Both times I've come away with the same feeling - the tunnel's cool, young kids would enjoy some of the hands on exhibits, but how can a family afford it? I paid $18 just for my entrance. I thought it was somewhat small, I looked at everything there and was done in an hour and half. I more enjoy going to docks on the historic bayfront area of Newport and looking at the boats coming and going, the sea lions playing on the jetty and the floating dock, and people crabbing - all for free.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank laurenkb73
Illinois
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Don't miss this if you like animal viewing and it's a must for families with kids!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Even though this is not an enormous aquarium, it packs a large punch in a small area. The facility was beautiful and extremely kid friendly with a lot of hands on exhibits the children will love. I could have stayed in the puffin area and watched them forever as they strutted around the visitors showing their stuff! They have amazing creatures to view - the giant octopus was a first for me. We happened to be there during the scuba diver in the tank that talked with the kids. If you are looking for a fun, educational adventure stop here!

Visited July 2012
Siletz, Or
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lot's of neat things at the Oregon Coast Aquarium”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

There's so many neat exibits! Give yourself a couple or so hours to enjoy everything! Always fun stuff for the kids! It's a GREAT family attraction. I love the tunnel! You walk through and aquarium! Too cool and the kids and adults love it!

Visited December 2012
Salem, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't miss this world class aquarium!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We come here a couple of times a year with our grandchildren and we all love it. There is a ton of things to see and learn but our favorites are the interactive tide pools where you can see and touch a lot of tidal life without getting soaked. The sea otters are a lot of fun especially at feeding time as they are so entertaining. We save the shark tank for last where your inside a large underwater viewing tunnel with large sharks cruising all around you! Make sure you go when you have plenty of time like
a rainy day. What a cool place!

Visited October 2012