My family and I stayed over the weekend for my sons birthday.
On arrival there were 3 people at the front desk, one on the phone, and two helping guests. As a guest left the desk agent did not offer to help me. They just were doing what they needed to do at the time. A few minutes later they said "Oh we will be with you in a minute." I was eventually helped. During check in I asked for extra pillows to be brought up. Checking in at 2:30pm we still didnt have the pillows at 8:30pm. I called the desk and asked for 2 more pillows. Two minutes later they called me back asking how many we needed again.
As for the rooms they are nice, the extra large suite is indeed large. The room was very clean and included a fridge and a very small microwave. The beds were on the harder side but we were able to deal with that. We had a ocean view room which was nice but I wish we would have been able to have a large window that opened for fresh air rather than two slats at the bottom of the huge window that we had to keep the curtians totally open all night to get air circulating through the room, as there is no AC in the room. (On the way to check out we noticed the fan that was on top of the shelf in the closet) The TV did not have many stations to choose from, but if you really need ESPN you are in luck because you have tons of different ESPN channel options! We wanted to watch Nickelodeon, the TV said Nickelodeon but in fact it was Nick Toons Network, not the actual Nickelodeon channel.
Beware that the hotel is spread in to 4 different buildings and you may have a walk to get from check in to your room. The building we were in D had a small pool that only went to 3 feet. That was great for us with small children. If you have older children and want a larger deeper pool you may want to make sure you are on the building on the other side otherwise you will have quiet a walk to get to the other pool. They do have a parking garage, but if you have a car that tends to sit on the low side it will bottom out due to the fact its at the bottom of a steep hill. (They warned of this at check in) It also has a clearence of 6' 9"
Other than a couple of glitches this is a very nice hotel with a great location. We would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Begin your Oregon Coast excursion with a stay at the full service Shilo Inn Suites Oceanfront Hotel in Newport. This ocean front hotel features 179 beautifully appointed guestrooms, each with a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean, south jetty and to the north, the Yaquina Head Lighthouse. Children 17 and under always stay free with an adult at Shilo Inns. Dogs welcome with nominal fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shilo Inn Hotel Oceanfront
- Shilo Inn Newport
- Newport Shilo Inn
- Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport Oregon