“Great location for a basic hotel experience.”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was a great location to spend the day on the beach. The rooms overlook the ocean although there is no outdoor patio space. We were able to walk over to the historic Nye beach area of town to look in shops and eat dinner.

• Stayed: June 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear jennfred,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your positive feedback on the experiences you enjoyed during your stay here at the Oceanfront Newport Shilo Inn. I am happy to hear that you found our location to be great and were able to explore some of the many unique areas here in Newport. We appreciate your stay with us and look forward to having you join us again in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

our stay was so bad I don't know where tom start The restaurant(Room service) was awful, very ery expensive and poor quality The room was small very hot no AC Maid service non poor maid did not bother clean bed not neatly made left our wet towels hanging in the bathroom and didn't bother to leave clean ones the beach 95 to 100 steps down a steep cliff to reach the beach the management when I called to report the poor maid service desk clerk said it was probably our fault When I talked to the manager he said the person I talked to had no customer service skills and he would use this as training problem with her never addressed the poor maid service This place sucks I will never stay at another Shilo the whole chain is going down hill and this just more proff

Room Tip: stay away from this property
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear jIM H,

I am sorry to hear about your experience and certainly appreciate you providing your feedback. I will personally look into the suggestions you have made and address them accordingly. We hope you can take the opportunity again to stay with us in our dog friendly rooms.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

On May 25th 2013 we booked a room here for our wedding night and though we live in Newport we wanted a place to stay other than home.
We reserved our room in advance and had checked in on the 25th and though we were early for check in because our wedding was at 3:30 in the afternoon we were assured that there would be a room for us when we returned so we left our luggage there at the desk for our return when the day was complete.
Upon arrival we were told that our room had not been booked and that there were no rooms available and that Shilo was going to look for another place for us to stay for the night and it being memorial weekend there were no places available and we ended up going back home....
Thanks Shilo
I don't ever plan on looking at a Shilo again for a place to stay

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lester S

Dear Lester S,

I personally want to apologize to you regarding the matter of your room over the Memorial Day weekend and the confusion that occurred in regards to your reservation. There must have been some miscommunication on our end as I do remember holding your bags until after your ceremony. I truly am sorry and if given the opportunity would be happy to set up a special evening for you and your new family.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was the only place left for 4th of July that was reasonably priced on the beach. The front desk people were very nice and did seem genuine when they explained later that everyone's internet was not working. It worked eventually hours later, but this delay allowed us to get out of the room pretty quick and go explore. It is directly next to the Hallmark and you can bike ride to the waterfront restaurants in the harbor within a few minutes. The rooms were clean, the bathroom shower grout was a bit moldy, but considering the cost I would say this is a good choice if you are not needing perfection. There is a long stretch of wide beach, you can run all the way mostly on the sand, to the Yaquina lighthouse and watch bald eagles feeding.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear bootiger3,

It is nice to hear about your experience at the Shilo Inn Suites in Newport Oregon and I am glad you had the opportunity to stay with us over the 4th of July holiday. I certainly appreciate your feedback and will make sure to follow up on your suggestions. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The housekeepers were also wonderful. The room itself was just okay. No air conditioning is not usually a big deal on the coast, since you can usually get a pretty good breeze from the beach. Our windows, however, did not have any screens and, with two young children, I'm not a big fan of open windows anyway. There was a fan, but who wants to listen to the buzzing of the fan when you're at the ocean? I want to hear the waves crashing, not a box fan. Also, the television was small and old. We usually bring a dvd player with us to hook up, so our kids can watch movies. But this tv was so old, it didn't have any AV hookups. The mini-fridge lacked a freezer compartment and the microwave was the smallest one I've ever seen. Nonetheless, the view was fantastic and there was easy access to the beach right on property (if you don't mind climbing stairs, which we don't.) Also, there are two indoor pools to chose from, including a shallow, 3 foot deep one that is kept toasty warm. That was a wonderful bonus for our kiddoes.

Dear Skimmingtn,

Your insights regarding my front desk and housekeeping staff is very kind and I will definitely pass this along to them. I also appreciate your honest feedback regarding some of the improvements that can be made and I will work with my team to better enhance these areas. I am happy your family enjoyed the beach and pools onsite.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a sprawling set of buildings along a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The room was dated but roomy with a small fridge and microwave. We found the beds adequate but wouldn't want to spend more than a couple of nights sleeping on them. There is a café that is open for breakfast only. The dinner house has a pretty good menu and a nice atmosphere with a lovely ocean view, even after dark. They light the beach so it can be seen from all the rooms. The bar is a full service bar with a nice wine list and good appetizer menu. The hotel provided $3.00 discount coupons for the café, a 10% off dinner coupon and a coupon for a free glass of house wine.

Room Tip: There are two indoor pools but no sauna or hot tub.

Dear kmleedom,

Thank you for taking the time to offer informative feedback regarding your stay here at the Newport Shilo Inn on the central Oregon coast. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

First off, this hotel gives a generous discount for veterans and it is greatly appreciated! This is an all oceanfront hotel with full stunning views. Our family stayed in D building. It is clean and the rooms are generously sized. The decor is overall outdated gives a rundown feeling to the building. Overall, good value @ $120 or less peak.

• Stayed: July 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear armyvacations,

We are always honored to have veterans stay with us at any of our Shilo Inns locations and I certainly thank you for spending your vacation at the Newport Shilo. I thank you for your service and we would enjoy having you stay again with us in the future.