“Excellent value with an awesome view.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Newport
“Excellent value with an awesome view.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, our reserved room was not available, so w were upgraded to a large suite. The only thing that I did not like very much was the entrance/exit to the parking garage. But aside from that every this else was great, especially the ocean view.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear navyvet57,

Thank you for submitting your comments about our Shilo Inns Suites in Newport, Oregon.
Year after year, our signature Shilo Service keeps folks coming back and we certainly hope that you will return soon for the same experience. We are pleased to be one of only a few hotels in Newport to offer such fabulous ocean views. It doesn’t get any more oceanfront than this!
Please feel free to book again at Newport and we will make sure that your next guest experience is every bit as good as your last. Also, as a navy vet be sure to ask for our veteran rates which apply at all Shilo Inns properties.

Randy Getman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
East Wenatchee, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We looked all over for a hotel to stay at and this hotel happened to have one room available. I snagged it up. It was a reasonable rate with and amazing ocean front view. All the amenities were great but what really impressed me was the customer service. Upon checking in the front desk lady was very friendly, informative, and professional informing me of all the amenities and even letting me know about happy hour at their lounge. After I checked out the next morning and drove home I thought I had lost my GPS. I immediately called the hotel to check and see if I left it there by mistake. I later found it buried in my luggage but forgot to call and let them know that I found it. 2 weeks later I got a call back letting me know they weren't able to find it but checking to make sure I had found it. This, to me, is going above and beyond what they had to do.

Dear Braden Y,

Dear guest,

Thank you for your rave review of our accommodations and service. I will share this at our weekly meeting and let our staff know their efforts were recognized.

We are happy that you were able to locate your GPS device, and that you had an exceptional experience at our Shilo Inn Suites in Newport. Our pleasant weather often stretches into October, so hopefully you will have the chance for another memorable coastal getaway soon.
For reservations: 800-222-2244.

New Port, OR
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

The ocean view is the only good thing. Facilities very dated, upon checking in we found blood on the toilet seat (GROSS). I called front desk, they came cleaned the toilet and said, "sorry." (GROSS). The room was HOT & not properly ventilated, there is no jacuzzi. Very disappointed!

Room Tip: Do not stay in building D; the pool is only 3 feet deep. Building C has the deep pool but no jacuzzi...
1 Thank Jeff D
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Jeff D,

Thank you for choosing a room at our Shilo Inn Suites in Newport, Oregon recently.
We are glad that you were able to enjoy the unmatched beauty of our ocean views.

Please accept our apologies for anything you found that our housekeeping team missed.
Since you removed the residue before we arrived at the room, we were not able to confirm the nature of it, but we are always happy to provide additional cleaning whenever a guest requests it.

Our central coast weather rarely exceeds 68 degrees, but on the weekend of your trip we did experience unusually warm sustained temperatures in Newport. We apologize if some of our indoor areas were not getting enough air circulation.

We hope that you will be our guest again soon.

Randy Getman

Travelers are raving about these Newport hotels

Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Our reservation was made with expedia (what a mistake) - Reservation was not correct and it took all evening to cancel and was only possible with hotel support. Worked with Beth at registration desk and was able to get two rooms with excellent ocean view at a lower price than expedia offered.

Room Tip: Ocean view which most have?
Dear Guest,

We are happy that all worked out well in the end, and that you enjoyed the rest of your time at our Shilo Inn Suites in Newport. Beth is a very dedicated employee who will work any challenge through to the end in order to satisfy a guest. We are glad to have her on our team.
For future reservations, please book directly through us at 800-222-2244. Our reservations experts are on hand 24 hours a day to help.

Roseburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Reserved online and with call. Really pretty small room. Was advertised as 99.00 a night had to see Room Clerk for that rate was charged on card 149.00 and after the 32.50 rueben and the wrong bill at first think Ill search elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Confirm your rates and extra charges in advance.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Check in took 30 minutes. The staff was nice and the clerk checking me in was knowledgable about the surrounding areas. The room was clean, very out dated and smelled as though it was a hot yoga studio, if not worse. The view was amazing, but the safety locks on the windows only allows for 3 inches of much needed fresh air. The hotel has a lovely restaurant, with again, great views. However, every person in the place was complaining of the temperate being too hot and uncomfortable. One couple even left. I like the heat so felt wonderful. if 85 degrees is your comfort zone this is the place for you!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Stephlovesroadtrips
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Stephlovesroadstrips,

We appreciate your staying with us at our Shilo Inn Suites Oceanfront Hotel in Newport. There are few sights more memorable than our wide open view of the Pacific Ocean. While we rarely exceed 68 degrees in town, your visit was during one of those very infrequent hot days here.
During low tide, some of the treasures the Sea offers up may have a musky odor, and we apologize if the winds were blowing that our way.

We are glad that you enjoyed our restaurant, and we regret that temperatures were uncomfortable during that evening. We are looking for ways to improve air flow and cooling in all areas of the building.

We hope that you will stay at our Shilo again in the very near future.

Nampa, Idaho, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have to say that my favorite part about staying at Shilo Inns in Newport (oceanside) is the beautiful views from the large window in each room. The hotel is older and the beds were kinda hard. The tv was small and fuzzy and the elevator was slow. Parking was hit or miss. Watch out for the garage because many low cars will scrape coming in and out. I took them at an angle and did ok. The hotel is located near one of the stairways that lead to the beach. Also I saved quite a bit of money by using my Veterans discount (Thanks Shilo Inns). Overall a good stay and a good price with the Vet discount.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments on our Newport Shilo Inn. We are happy that you were able to experience the unforgettable ocean views, friendly service and staff, and our affordable excellence. We are proud to honor our veterans by making special rates available, and we hope that you will come back and stay with us real soon.