Stayed a couple nights with my family, and I should start with the most important point: The view. Ocean front views with balconies in every room is the main feature of this hotel. The rooms are decent also, nice furniture, a fireplace and good amenities, including a coffee maker with good quality coffee. There is free parking at the hotel, free internet and complimentary breakfast. Two main issues were breakfast room was too small that we had to wait a lot to get a table. Also one small elevator that took several minutes to arrive, and if it was crowded you have to wait even longer. The staff was in general helpful, however the second day they didn't make our room, so when we came back in the afternoon it was not cleaned, no new shampoo, etc. So I went down to ask about it, and the manager looked like I insulted him and was a bit rude saying that there is nothing they could do because the person who does cleaning only works in the morning and the most they could do is to send me some shampoo and new towels (I can't believe that they don't have room service onsite even for urgent cases?). Anyway, a few minutes later the lady (very nice lady) called me to tell me that a person (their handy man) will come and help us. he came and he brought new bed linens, towels, etc and he did the beds. Even more, he noticed that the sliding door of the balcony wasn't closing properly, he took it and replaced for a new one. This person (whose name escapes my memory now) and the view are making me to put 4 stars instead of 3 for this hotel. I just wished the manager (I assume he was the manager) were more understanding and tried better to help us solve the issue rather than giving excuses and reasons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come enjoy the warmth and quiet comfort of the Elizabeth Street Inn with all oceanfront rooms. Ideal for couples, families and even limited dog friendly rooms for you and your four legged best friend. Located high on a bluff overlooking the beach, the Elizabeth is within walking distance of distinctive dining, galleries and shopping of historic Nye Beach, the Newport Performing Arts Center, an historic lighthouse and miles of Oregon's pristine beaches and tide pools. The Oregon Coast Aquarium, golf, fishing and many other area atrractions are close by.Just a few things you can expect from the Elizabeth Street Inn, all oceanfront rooms with a fireplace and balcony. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet, seasonal smoked salmon chowder appetizer, nightly fresh baked cookies in our lobby at night. Indoor oceanfront salt water pool, jacuzzi spa and exercise room. Meeting room, business service center and complimentary wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Elizabeth Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Street Hotel Newport
- Elizabeth Street Newport
- Elizabeth Inn Newport Oregon
- Elizabeth Street Inn Newport, Oregon