On our trip down the Oregon Coast to visit all the Lighthouses, we ended up in Newport, OR. We had no reservations anywhere, but we wanted to stay right on the beach. We stopped just on a larch at the Elizabeth Street Inn. They had just a few rooms left. We got a large room on the fourth floor, which was just what we wanted.
The room was very clean, however, I did not like the bathroom arrangement. The bathroom sink is right when you come into the room, no privacy. The tub/shower and the toilet where together, but no sink in there. That was the only negative.
We liked the fact also, that there was to be absolutely no smoking in the rooms and on the balconies. But some jerk, in one of the rooms near by, started smoking, which blew the smoke right into our room. I cannot believe the inconsideration of some people. I did mention it to the staff on check out the next morning. I was told that i should have reported it right then and there, so they could have found the culprit. I had thought about it, but do to the late hour, I did not. I'll know better next time.
A very nice feature was the free smoked salmon chowder at 5pm nightly, and the cookies after 8pm. A very nice touch. Also the continental breakfast was quite nice, with a variety of items to choose from.
The parking was free, covered and well secured.
The roar of the ocean made sleep come very easy.
Since we visit the Oregon Coast several times a year, we bookmarked the Elizabeth Street Inn for our next stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come enjoy the warmth and quiet comfort of the Elizabeth Street Inn with all oceanfront rooms. Ideal for couples, families and even limited dog friendly rooms for you and your four legged best friend. Located high on a bluff overlooking the beach, the Elizabeth is within walking distance of distinctive dining, galleries and shopping of historic Nye Beach, the Newport Performing Arts Center, an historic lighthouse and miles of Oregon's pristine beaches and tide pools. The Oregon Coast Aquarium, golf, fishing and many other area atrractions are close by.Just a few things you can expect from the Elizabeth Street Inn, all oceanfront rooms with a fireplace and balcony. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet, seasonal smoked salmon chowder appetizer, nightly fresh baked cookies in our lobby at night. Indoor oceanfront salt water pool, jacuzzi spa and exercise room. Meeting room, business service center and complimentary wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Elizabeth Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Street Hotel Newport
- Elizabeth Street Newport
- Elizabeth Inn Newport Oregon
- Elizabeth Street Inn Newport, Oregon