We absolutely want to return here in the future. This place is great!
All rooms have ocean views. Enough said right? They do not have A/C since you only have to open the sliding patio door to get the ocean breeze flowing in your room. For heat all the rooms have their own fireplaces as well. The patio is also safe for kids. It has Plexiglas and railing so you’re not completely paranoid as parent. Not to say you don’t still need to watch your kids while they’re on the patio. We were in a 2 queen room traveling with a 6 year old and 3 year old. The beds were comfortable and true queen beds. The room is spacious as well as the bathroom. The shower and toilet are in a separate room from the sink and vanity. I love it when the vanity counter top and sink are separate from the shower when traveling because more people can get ready at a time.
Laundry room. I love having access to a washer and dryer when I travel with my kids. Especially with the beach below it’s nice to be able to wash the sandy clothes and beach towels.
They had a hot breakfast with waffles, eggs, sausage one morning, bacon the next, sausage gravy, cereal, bagels, and toast. A nice selection for breakfast that they kept full.
Beach access is a bit of walk only because the hotel is on the cliff (as all are) and you have to walk down 90 steps (my 6 year old counted) or a really, really long ramp to get to the beach. The ramp access is about a block away and stairs access is a couple hundred yards away.
We never used the pool or fitness room so I don’t know anything about either of those.
A nice touch too is they have fresh warm cookies in the lobby in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come enjoy the warmth and quiet comfort of the Elizabeth Street Inn with all oceanfront rooms. Ideal for couples, families and even limited dog friendly rooms for you and your four legged best friend. Located high on a bluff overlooking the beach, the Elizabeth is within walking distance of distinctive dining, galleries and shopping of historic Nye Beach, the Newport Performing Arts Center, an historic lighthouse and miles of Oregon's pristine beaches and tide pools. The Oregon Coast Aquarium, golf, fishing and many other area atrractions are close by.Just a few things you can expect from the Elizabeth Street Inn, all oceanfront rooms with a fireplace and balcony. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet, seasonal smoked salmon chowder appetizer, nightly fresh baked cookies in our lobby at night. Indoor oceanfront salt water pool, jacuzzi spa and exercise room. Meeting room, business service center and complimentary wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Elizabeth Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Street Hotel Newport
- Elizabeth Street Newport
- Elizabeth Inn Newport Oregon
- Elizabeth Street Inn Newport, Oregon