“It was a place to sleep - Best Western Coordination not the best”

Best Western Newberg Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Newberg
Southern California
“It was a place to sleep - Best Western Coordination not the best”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

With limited options for places to stay in Newberg / McMinnville Area, it served it's purpose. Opted for the larger "suite". Very strange TV placement such that the only direct view was if you stood where there was a 5' wall separating the sleeping area from the living area.

When checking in a pre -negotiated rate was not honored until I could provide a copy of an e-mail identifying the agreed to rate.

Decent indoor pool. Decent breakfast included. Best option was the Chinese restaurant across the street, Happy Family Chinese and American.

NOTE: About 5 days after we checked out a room exploded due to some extracurricular activity.

Room Tip: Get the suite - bigger.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed August 1, 2011

After a very bad experience at the Motel 6 in Mcminnville we had to find another place to stay. Without a reservation we drove until we stopped at this hotel in Newberg, went in and asked if they had a room available for one night, YES they did!!!!
Went we went up to the room and noticed the difference from the low life Motel 6 room to this elegant Best Western room. So much of a difference and only about twenty dollars more, we used the pool before bed and in the morning ate the breakfast they provided.
We also used the internet in the lobby to find our next destination and printed the directions on the printer next to the computer.
The only problem I encounted was the shower head sucked.
GREAT STAY, I WILL ALWAYS STAY AT A GREAT WESTERN.

Room Tip: Paying more will get you a better room and service
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
oregon city
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I appreciate the continental breakfast. I forgot my cell phone charger in room and it was promptly sent in the mail by the manager . Very helpful & friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Having read the mixed reviews I was not certain what to expect other than the large rooms.
Upon arrival to the hotel its appearance was not impressive but the area was clean. There seemed to be many parking spaces available. I was there early but my room was ready and the person behind the desk very pleasant. My room was beside the pool on the 1st floor but I found it quite quiet. Yes the room was large with spartan furnishings but included a small fridge and microwave which I appreciate. The TV was not LCD but functional and the wireless internet worked well. The rug in the room (and hallway) was clean and in good shape. The AC functioned well and the bed was comfortable. I had a great sleep.
I had an early departure and did not try out the breakfast although it was open at 6am. The person at front desk was nice enough to ask if I wanted something to go however. All in all a pleasant stay and I will return next time I'm in Newberg.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dagger_TO
St. Thomas
Reviewed May 25, 2011

My partner an I stayed at the Newberg Inn for 5 nights and were very happy!! The room was nice and clean and the grounds were kept up nicely. But the star of the property by far was Sara at the front desk! She was very helpful and extrememly nice!! She was extremely sweet and caring. We had fun speaking with her and sharing our experiences around town and the wine country.
We were there for vacation touring the wine country, and we will be staying there again!! I will send all of my friends, family, and co-workers to the Newberg Inn. Especailly for Sara's great customer service. Thanks for the great time Sara!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Merced, CA
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We returned to this hotel again because of their extra large room with three queen beds although we were disappointed to find a large chair in the sitting area instead of a loveseat. The hallways were very warm but the room was pleasant. Their larger rooms are located at the front of the hotel so it's a ways from the parking lot to carry your luggage and there is lots of noise from the main road right outside the window. All in all, we got a good deal and it was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
San Deigo
Reviewed February 25, 2011

OK. A place to crash, but not really nice. Exercise room is a joke. Two pieces of old antiquated equipment. If I were to come here again, I would stay in Beaverton and take a scenic drive into town.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberg
Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville
Best Western Wilsonville Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
#2 of 6 in McMinnville
GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville

Been to Best Western Newberg Inn? Share your experiences!