“Don't book it - just keep looking!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newberg
Chehalem Ridge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Newberg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
King William, Virginia
“Don't book it - just keep looking!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

This B &B is a bit off the beaten track. Positives- wonderful views, nice grounds, good parking, bottled water, TV room.
Negatives- odd owner, lack of computer use, thin walls, uncomfortable bed on the floor - like a futon or beanbag chair, stinky/ moldy towels. The double jacuzzi tub was quite a hazard to get in and out of of. Seriously, a stall shower would have been a great idea!! To be fair, the owner did give us towels that did not stink of mold when told of our issue and did print out our boarding passes when requested. The room was very petite and not exactly as pictured. It was a bad end to an otherwise great vacation. We have reconsidered B &B's for the future.
The main problem is that it was not a welcoming place. It was just not a good fit. The breakfast has to be scheduled the night before. Ours was a painful one hour long affair. The owner presented fruit (twenty minutes after our scheduled time) and then (twenty minutes later) a "interesting" baked egg and zucchini breakfast. How does one bake eggs to keep the yolks hard and the whites mucousy with bland zucchini slices is beyond me!?
We had a relatively early flight our second night. The owner did not offer to change the prescribed breakfast times. Instead we got a sweet little breakfast to go. Sadly, it was tiny instant packaged muffins and sour green apples. YUM- NOT! I know that this is a catty review, but we can stop a VERY reluctant B &B when we stay there. Don't bother...

5 Thank AZGlass

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
portland, or
Reviewed July 27, 2009

This was our second time staying here. This time we stayed in the cheapest room without a view (b/c the rest were booked), but honestly, it was still lovely! Offsetting the view was the relaxing sounds of the fountain/waterfall thing near the window. The property is gorgeous, breakfast is super yummy and this is one of my favorite B&Bs anywhere. I recommend it constantly (last week to my coworker in fact). We can't wait to come back! Oh and we were totally confused by the review in Sunset when they mentioned "no frills" but maybe they just meant no doilies or frilly stuff. This place is seriously dreamy magical.

Reviewed July 23, 2009

A wonderfully hospitable bed and breakfast, situated a little way from the town, so very peaceful, but still in the midst of wine country.

Newly built, with wonderful views over the valley - a fascinating building on the hillside.

It was great to relax in the guests' sitting room, and chat with the owners. Also fascinating to see the way they are developing their fruit and vegetable gardens, and plan to grow lavender beds.

Home cooked breakfast was delicious!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I traveled out to the Willamette valley with my girlfried for a friend's wedding over the 4th of July weekend and spent 3 days staying with Kristin at Chehalem Ridge; Like most other posters noted before me, the road up to the B&B was a bit windy, but the drive was definitely worth it -- the views from the B&B were absolutely amazing!! -- Additionally, the house itself was very new with cozy furnishings -- We stayed in the Wine Country room and loved the comfortable beds, Frette bathrobes, and the jacuzzi tub (an added bonus). The B&B was also rather convienent to all the wineries (at least all of the ones we wanted to see) -- Furthest drive was probably 20 minutes. On top of it all, I thought that the value we got for the price we paid was fantastic, especially on a holiday weekend. The only (slight) negative was that the breakfasts were a little too gourmet for my liking, but if that was the worst part of my stay, then I would say things were pretty fantastic -- I'd definitely return to Chehalem Ridge should I find myself in the area again.

washington
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We stayed here for our 10th anniversary in the wine country room and were very pleased with our choice to stay at Chehalem Ridge. The view from our deck was fabulous and we so enjoyed waking up in the morning to such a gorgeous view. The bed was so comfortable, partly due to the fact that it's one of those mattresses where you don't feel movement from the other side! Kristen's winery & dining suggestions were perfect and her breakfasts left you feeling pampered and completely spoiled! The house if very up-to-date and tastefully decorated, there's a cozy movie room downstairs for you to enjoy and yummy cookies to snack on. We will most definately come back many times!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 8, 2009

My husband and I met up with 3 travelling companions (friends and family) in Oregon for a Memorial weekend adventure in the Willamette Valley. With the assistance of my travelling companions, I spent hours pouring over books, websites, and blogs--looking for the ultimate destination. We chose the Chehalem Ridge B&B.

As we approached in the car upon arrival, we were already pleased with our selection--the setting was BEAUTIFUL! We occupied the second floor--in the Rose Garden, Wine Country, and Oregon Trail room. The views from the balconies on the front of the house were amazing. My sister, who was in the Oregon Trail room, met me every morning on the balcony of the Rose Garden room, where we chatted and drank coffee while the sun was rising. For our comfort, there were heating mechanisms on the balconies for when the weather was cool (and it did get cool when the sun went down!) While the website does not show this, the views at night were equally specacular, overlooking the twinkling lights of Newberg.

Our hostess, Kristin, was the quintessential B&B hostess. She was certainly the master--offering advice and help when needed along with providing all of our comfort needs. She also cleverly disappeared so we could socialize amongst ourselves. She was extremely helpful--she provided us suggestions on local restaurants & wineries, she packed a "to go" breakfast for my sister when she had to leave early, and she even helped us to package our wine to take home! This came along with her very dry wit and humor, and her astounding ability to talk across a large contiuum of subjects, from Star Trek to Russian Literature (seriously!)

Overall, our experience was impeccable. The place was spotless yet homey, with living area that had all the amenities--a refrigerator, wine glasses, movies, games, and more. We felt completely relaxed and at home, with all of our needs satiated with just a request. Kristin is a wonderful cook--excellent delicious gourmet breakfasts! She also brewed coffee early for us so we could wake up and sip coffee on the balcony.

There is nothing that I could say that would have made our visit more pleasant or enjoyable.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
New Jersey
Reviewed May 6, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Chehalem Ridge B&B for 2 nights (April 18-19th) in the Rose Garden Room. Although it took a good 20 minutes from OR-99W to reach the B&B, the view from our room was worth every minute of driving. The B&B is perched atop Chehalem Mountain with breathtaking views of the Willamette Valley. The inn itself is extremely cozy and relaxed and Kristin made sure our every need was met. Breakfasts were a fine dining experience and started with a fruit dish (such as a poached apple) and a homemade pastry (we enjoyed lemon poppyseed bread and carrot muffins while there). The main courses at breakfast were truly gourmet -- smoked salmon quiche one day and baked stuffed french toast the next. It was great to have full tummies before we started our days of wine tasting. I highly recommend the Chehalem B&B if you are visiting Oregon's wine country.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberg
Downtown
Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
#1 of 141 in Portland
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
#2 of 6 in McMinnville
The DreamGiver's Inn
#3 of 6 in Newberg

Been to Chehalem Ridge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!