“If you like California Pinots, you'll LOVE Oregon Pinots!”

Raptor Ridge Winery
Ranked #14 of 54 things to do in Newberg
More attraction details
Owner description: At Raptor Ridge, our winemaking goal is to capture the fresh fruit flavors and delicate aromas offered by Oregon's Willamette Valley winegrowing region. Raptor Ridge Pinot noir ages in French oak and is racked in synchrony with the dark of the moon. Raptor Ridge Pinot gris is made in a refreshing Alsacian style. Raptor Ridge shares a 27-acre estate with families of Raptors — birds of prey such as Red-tailed Hawks, Kestrels, Sharp-Shinned Hawks and Owls. We are located on the northeast side of the Chehalem Mountains, 10 miles north of Newberg, Oregon.
Spokane, WA
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“If you like California Pinots, you'll LOVE Oregon Pinots!”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My first visit to Raptor Ridge just happened to coincide with their Grand Opening. We were invited guests by our friends from Beaverton. Having read the book, "Sideways," and having tried several California Pinots (and not being very impressed), I visited Raptor Ridge with a jaundiced eye. After a few tastes, I fell in love with the 2007 Raptor Ridge Pinot Reserve, 2009 Pinot Gris, and Tempranillo from their Library. We were given a tour of the winery by owners Scott & Annie Shull. Overall, the entire day was an experience we will not forget. My wife an I continue to pour wines at various wineries in Washington, but we will be making annual visits to the Willamette Valley, as well as return visits to Raptor Ridge.

Visited March 2011
2 Thank gs8055

portland, oregon
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Long drive”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I wasn't super impressed with the wines and I really didn't care for the lady in the tasting room. Then after we opened the bottle of wine, it was corked. I KNOW that wines will be corked every now and then - that's NOT a comment on the quality of the wines here at all!!!! BUT when I called to let them know that our wine we purchased was corked (to see about getting a replacement bottle which is an industry standard) they said, "That happens and we can't do anything about it". I would prefer to go elsewhere.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank Ron B
San Diego, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Beautiful area”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

It's a little difficult to get to, but once there it's so gorgeous overlooking the Willamette Valley. And good wine on top of it. Can't get any better

Visited November 2011