“Amazing”

Vista Balloon Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hot Air Balloon Scenic flights from Newberg, Oregon. Morning flights from Friday through Monday from April 1 through October 15, weather permitting. Plan on spending 3 hours with us! Your flight is about one hour followed by a catered gourmet brunch.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had been looking for a romantic way to purpose to my girlfriend and thought a hot air balloon would be great. I contacted Roger at vista balloons after reading reviews online and scheduled a flight with them for the end of May, he was very professional and accommodating to the fact that I wanted to make this a special day that my girlfriend and I could remember for the rest of our life.

After booking, they sent us our boarding passes and other literature on their business and other special things we could do after the trip. They also sent us custom champaign flutes in a hand made wooden box with their logo to keep as a reminder and a souvenir of our trip.

Unfortunately, the ever changing weather patterns in our beautiful state caused our trip for the end of May to be canceled for the safety of the customers as well as the crew. At first I thought this would cause a horrid head ache of trying to reschedule and possibly miss out on the occasion, but to my disarray, Roger was very professional and rescheduled our trip at OUR nearest convenience! Our new flight date was booked for the middle of June and the weather was great!

When we got there, the crew was extremely knowledgeable, helpful and just as excited as we were. They encouraged, but did not force us to lend a hand setting up and inflating the ballon which was a great experience, they made us feel as part of the team instead of just another paying customer. After setting up, we climbed in the basket and away we went!

Floating gracefully over the trees with an amazing view of the country side. After about 10 or 15 minutes of flight, our pilot John, who was very professional, skilled and knowledgeable, landed the balloon with expert precision into a river below!! I was not expecting this to happen and was very impressed. We floated UP stream on the river for about 10 minutes, it was the oddest feeling making wake in a river without a motor or boat. I should have brought a fishing pole!!! After floating effortlessly on the river, we took off again and climbed above the trees and fog to about 2000 feet where we sailed through the air for another 30 minutes or so. During which I purposed (she said yes in case you were wondering).

John found a baseball field near by that looked like a good landing spot and we made our descent. The landing was done with surgical precision and without a single jolt or bump. The chase crew was there waiting for us and again encouraged us to help deflate the balloon and pack up.

We drove back to the airfield where we took off from and breakfast was there waiting for us. Now, when I had first called to arrange this flight, Roger had told me that breakfast would be served after the flight, I figured it would be nothing more than a few muffins and doughnuts, but I was shocked when I saw the buffet line they had set up with plenty of hot, home cooked food, it reminded me of waking up at my grandmothers house as a child and being served breakfast. We had some champaign and Roger gave a toast as we enjoyed breakfast with our pilot and crew!

All in all it was much more than I had expected and well worth the money spent. Roger, John and the staff made this a day that Jessica and I will never forget! I recommend this to everyone who has never experienced the art of flying in a balloon and we WILL be back again!!

Thanks to Roger, John and all of the staff at Vista Balloon Adventures!!!

All reviews
"the sun rise"
"great photos"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I received a gift certificate for a hot air balloon ride from my husband. We took our balloon ride on June 1, 2013. You were able to help set the balloon up if you wanted. The whole experience was outstanding, was fun and breath-taking. I definitely would recommend this company to everyone I know and meet. After landing you help put the balloon up then ride back to where you took off at and had a nice breakfast.

Superb! Fantastic! Exhilarating!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We won a school auction for a balloon trip for 2. We lost the ticket but could prove when it was purchased, etc, etc.. in other words there was no question if we were the ones who won it from the school auction or if they indeed purchased the tickets. The owner and I talked and made it clear from the onset he was totally unwilling to work with us, and, or find some kind of a solution.

It was clear to he and I that via the paperwork (school's purchase, our purchase, and statements to prove both) he could see we indeed had the right to the tickets but he chose not to work with us and became belligerent.

This type of attitude and behavior of an owner / operator i.e. money first customer service last is the indeed the last person in the world I would want to put my life in the hands of. For these reasons I would recommend you do you research and find an alternative.

2  Thank scott l
JohnFreeman45, Owner at Vista Balloon Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Ah, It is unfortunate that sometimes there are situations that are 'difficult' to respond to in a way that is satisfactory to all parties. For Vista (and any business) it is necessary that the tracking sytsem is honored, we've always attempted to work fairly with everyone we do business with. In this case, the gift certificate was past it's 2 year expiration date when the origional owner chose to gift it to an employee without first untangling the issue of it being lost as well as expired. I feel his embarrassment of dealing with this after the fact was an obstruction to coming to a positive solution.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

my sister and I took our first Balloon ride together on Friday, May 10, 2013. This is one of the most memorable events in our lives. Exciting adventure, Breathtaking views. Would do it again in a heart beat.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Nothing short of an amazing experience! Booked a surprise trip for my parents who were in town for the week and couldn't have asked for a better adventure. The crew was great - all I's dotted and T's crossed which led to a seamless experience from beginning to end. Roger was a great pilot and the rest of the crew was great too - kind and courteous. You can always tell when people love what they do as it is evidenced in the 'work' that they do and everyone at Vista obviously loves what they do. Just when you think the day couldn't get any better after an amazing sunrise and balloon adventure, you are treated to a champagne brunch. I expected a quick store bought type meal but was blown away (again) when everything was homeade and parts of breakfast made on site for a good warm meal. Can't say enough good things about this company. Highly recommended!