“Extraordinary experience”

Vista Balloon Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hot Air Balloon Scenic flights from Newberg, Oregon. Morning flights from Friday through Monday from April 1 through October 15, weather permitting. Plan on spending 3 hours with us! Your flight is about one hour followed by a catered gourmet brunch.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We took a flight on September 2nd. That was an amazing experience. The views, the flight, "touching" the water, everything was perfect. Our operator Kelly was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. And the breakfast with champagne after the flight was great too.
We enjoyed every minute that we spent there.

There are newer reviews for Vista Balloon Adventures

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Waking up to my husband saying "Come on let's go at 4:00 A.M." Car ride full of questions as to what on earth we were doing? Once we pulled into the no turnaround? I saw the sign and it literally left me speechless! I have always joked about doing this and here we were about to do it! Took me a bit to get warmed to the idea- going up!! The staff was amazing...answering all my questions and putting me at ease. Kelly our pilot was super sweet and was so polite. Watching the train of vans pulling up with the baskets on the trailer. So prepared they were! I thought oh boy…. became quite the reality of the adventure we were about to go on! We met our group who were all so sweet and funny~ walked on over helped unload the basked "wicker basket" lol.. omg-ness! Anyway they unloaded, laid out the balloon got the fan going and attached cables to the basket, started the inflation process, once ready we loaded up! We were off- going up, up, up into the beautiful morning sky. Very strange but fun feeling. I will admit a lot of thoughts swarmed in my mind. I will keep that to myself though! Saw a beautiful sunrise, air was crisp and fresh. So romantic! Even with all the 11 or so people up there with us I felt like it was just for me and my husband. Floated along the Willamette River, over farm land and a colorful nursary. Said hello to a sweet lady wrapped up in her blanket in a housboat! (not sure if she knew her husband/son not sure as they were far away...but he was peeing of the back of the dock) lol... who cares right? Ha, ha! After an hour or so we landed in a field and helped pack up. Once we pulled back the check in area was transformed into a delightful buffet and seating area! Serving champagne and orange juice! Such a great spread of food too. Visited with the crowd and really just relaxed. I could not have envisioned it and better then it was! We really enjoyed the whole experience! What a fantastic surprise and start to our anniversary date day! Felt so close to beauty and our heavenly father up there. Quiet and peaceful, aside from the flame that kept us floating.. Jolted me a bit. But for the scared of heights freak that I am, I was impressed on how laid back and amazing it was! A must for everyone in this lifetime. Thank you husband for literally sweeping me off my feet after 11 years! You keep me ALIVE! ha ha! I love you!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Floating over the Willamette River on a perfectly clear Saturday morning was spectacular! It is so different from flying. The Vista staff was very friendly and experienced. It was a blast helping with the process of inflating the balloon. Since it was my first time in a hot air balloon, I was a little nervous but the pilot and crew really knew what they were doing. The landing was smooth and the brunch was tasty!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Went ballooning with Silvia and the gang on Aug 27. Number 1 on my bucket list. Have wanted to do this forever and was thrilled by a perfect experience. Staff was friendly, fun and competent. Got to participate in the whole experience from taking the balloon out of the bag to putting it back in the bag after the flight. The ride was smooth as silk and just awesome (a word much overused but aptly descriptive of this experience). It is unbelievable to silently sail above the Valley and watch the sun rise above the farmlands and meandering river. Afterward, a yummy,
breakfast buffet. Just doesn't get any better in the Great Northwest.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

For my 50th birthday I wanted to hot air balloon over the pyramids in Egypt. The economy and middle eastern politics being what they are, that did not pan out. But soaring over the Willamette was a good 2nd best. So beautiful, peaceful and exciting at the same time. Lift off and landing were like butter, smooth and silky. No fear at all, there is no feeling of rapid acceleration. My biggest challenge was getting in the basket, but really it was a matter of lack of grace, not so much difficulty. If you get chilly easily, get in first, you'll be near the burners, toasty! Vista is a great company, really organized and professional, but fun, too. The included breakfast buffet was good, homemade and plentiful. 5 balloons flew at the same time, with 8-10 people (including the pilot) per basket. Fight time is is kinda short (about an hour), but then, I could have stayed up there for hours. There is no place to sit, you will be on your feet for the entire time, but the basket floor is very soft, and you can lean on the well padded rail. Don't forget your camera, the view is incredible, we could see 5 mountains (Rainer, St. Helens, Adams, Hood, and Jefferson)! Porta potties on the ground, so Go Before You Go! Souveniers available for purchase on return.

Been to Vista Balloon Adventures? Share your experiences!