“Wine tasting and Bonaventura italian deli made for a perfect day.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bonaventura Sausage and Deli - CLOSED

Bonaventura Sausage and Deli
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wine tasting and Bonaventura italian deli made for a perfect day.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

The wine tasting in this area reminded us of Napa valley.... Great wineries for sure.
The lunch was recommended by several wineries " go to Bonaventura italian deli" in Newberg . It was a very cute place, food was extremely flavorful ( soup was very good) italian wine and italian meat platter was a perfect lunch for us.
We will be back on our next visit to the area.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Winetaster22

Portland, Oregon
“Questo e il migliore deli mai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Seriously…this is the best New York-style deli I have found since moving to Oregon! My husband and I stopped by one day on a whim. He ordered the sausage panini and I the vegetarian. Both were fabulous - full of flavor, perfectly seasoned, and absolutely delicious. We also purchased a quart of the marinara sauce which was equally as wonderful as the panini as well as some fantastic cannoli. We have found our go-to Italian deli! Thank you to the Bonaventura family; we are so pleased you chose Newberg for your deli!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank terraperry
Portland, OR
“Finally, a good, affordable place in Newberg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

The Bonaventura Family are lovely people. Very friendly and they want to make sure that your experience in their restaurant is a good one. The food is outstanding. I love their Kale salad, sandwiches and soups. Everything is fresh and homemade.

The items they sell from Italy are great too. I just bought gnocchi and tomato sauce. It was delicious. Their bread from Carlton Bakery is also amazing.

Be advised, this is NOT a fast food restaurant. Everything is made to order so it may take 15 minutes to get your food.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jill J
Portland, Oregon
“Great deli!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

This place has been open for only 3 months and I wanted to let everyone know about this great lunch spot! I stopped by this cute Italian deli while driving through Newberg. Their meatball sandwich and corn sausage soup were delicious! The staff was extremely nice too. In addition to the deli, they had a nice selection of Italian pasta, cookies, and other products, which was fun to browse while I waited for my food. Definitely will go back!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank HehShin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow... What an amazing place ..... Food..... And owners.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I traveled through Newberg returning from the coast and saw this italian deli, the store front looked like a NY deli.
When we entered the smell of italian food was incredible, made me hungrier !!!!
It was busy but the staff greeted us with a smile. I had the signature sausage sandwich and it was the best sausage ever! Full of flavor. My daughter was picky so the owner whipped up an amazing cheese platter that she can not stop talking about.
The cashier was very friendly and suggested we take the owners business card for future reference.
As we ate the owner walked around giving out samples of some of the homemade goods, the meatball was awesome...it was so nice and we left very FULL!

I will go back every time I'm within 25 miles of Newberg... Well worth the drive

1 Thank Fast69vette