“Great pizza”

Ranked #14 of 89 Restaurants in Newberg
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Abby's Pizza is a hometown tradition, with a family friendly atmosphere, spacious seating, and the freshest ingredients available. Located on Portland Road, our friendly staff are ready to provide you with truly legendary pizza and ah-mazing service! Come in and experience the best Newberg has to offer!
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great tasting pizza, could tell it is popular with locals. Only down side - would have liked a better wine list.

There are newer reviews for Abby's Legendary Pizza

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We love the pizza here! Why isn't other Abby's like this one, great food great service and they make us feel like family as well and they seem better value as well, we don't get it.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

These guys figured out how to make a great pizza. Awesome thin crust, flavorful sauce, tons of quality toppings. The counter service was outstanding and they have a nice selection of local draught beers. The salad bar was generic.

Leah R, Public Relations Manager at Abby's Legendary Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! We look forward to serving your family the next time you're in Oregon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

It's definitely more of a local than tourist place. The pizza topings are great, and the service is pretty good too. The crust is a crispy thin crust (think Domino's pizza by the same name,) but the facility is sketchy. I wouldn't say dirty, but I would say clean either. Way out of date. The tables are arranged side to side as in cafeteria stlye, and there is no table service. It definitely reminds me of a Pizza Hut, just different pizza. I wouldn't definitely order it again as take out, but I won't ever eat there again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Newberg Abby's makes a great pizza and we are regular customers. The Abby's Special for Newberg is tasty. The sauce is excellent, spiced just right with a lively, robust flavor. Toppings are generally your standard fare - but I warn off the onion, which is always red and not pre-cooked. I think yellow onions, pre-grilled, belong on pizzas but they don't offer this choice. Their regular crust is fine. Recently, I started eating more gluten-free foods to help control my glycemic index, and the Abby's gluten-free crust is thin and crispy, which is quite acceptable for my favorite Hawaiian. Order early on the weekends because this place gets really busy with families, sports teams, etc. - we usually get take-out.

2  Thank Jotripper
Leah R, Public Relations Manager at Abby's Legendary Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Hi Joy -
Thanks for taking the time to post such a positive review of our restaurant in Newberg. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy the gluten-free crust option. Also, thanks for passing on the tip about weekend ordering. We can only push so many pizzas through our ovens at a time, so on the weekends when we get busy things can get a little slower. Order early (and order often!)