“Pleasant surprise!”

Add it.
Ohana Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

On a Monday night we were looking for a good meal. Our first choice was closed Mondays so we began to drive aimlessly on the main road desperately trying to find a place that would appeal to our kids.

Having reach the edge of what seemed to be the only options we turn around and reluctantly decide to go check out Ohana Buffet. Like many people we are not too keen on buffet. Usually cafeteria style food where quantity and diversity is the plus while quality and freshness isn't to be expected.

First part of the buffet was your usual typical Chinese fair. Then we walk further down to see the sushi section. We are from Vancouver, BC and total sushi junkies. We are quite spoiled with the quality and variety of sushi we can get home and our expectations were pretty low. Much to our surprise the sushi was delicious! In fact everything we had, Chinese food included was delicious. Staff was courteous and cleaned empty ayes promptly. The kids (and parents) loved the self-served soft ice cream machine. Harder than you think to pour that perfect swirly cone!

We had no idea of the price until the bill came but again happily surprised it was very reasonable. Pricing for kids goes by age $0.95 x their age up to 12, adults being $11.95.

Couldn't recommend it enough.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I saw the new Ohana buffet and the sign saying $5.99 lunch buffet several times. I found that is for Mon to Thurs lunch 11 to 3. I went Friday about 4:30 pm. It was worth the $12 or so. There are all the standard Chinese buffet items and more. Sushi, crab legs, loads of peel 'n eat shrimp, and some of the best hot & sour soup I've ever found. There is a ton of choice--if you like it fried there are shrimp, egg rolls, sweet and sour pork/chicken, etc. All of the usuall suspects. If you don't want fried, great tasting shrimp, chicken, and vegetarian choices. Several soups, and nice salad bar as well. I liked that the (snow) crab legs were actually good sized and not hollow. There were a bunch of sushi to satisfy everyone. I liked that everything was fresh and they kept changing it out. This is a find and next time I'm in the area I will try the $5.99 lunch. Hot tea was included which is a nice thing too. All in all it's good food at a reasonable price. Much better than average Chinese buffet--not just a lot of food but a lot of real good food. Since it's new it is also spotless which I loved.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

its a buffett not a izzys but a clean place were seafood is king could you get better" sure" but your wallet would be bankrupt,, for price and quality its above average its clean the staff is very kind helpfull the building is great the sushi is tastefull the spicy tuna roll is great every roll was excellent even had a ichi roll my favorite was the baked shrimp that was awesome the problem is that new-berg isn't cultary ready for this place you put it in Salem or SW Portland or west Linn, lake oswego it would thrive its family style is great because one day seafood will cease because of fukishima radiation. try it know youll enjoy the place get a shapiro beer or saki 4 sushi roll out of 5 family ready

good clean excellent staff