“A great experience again”
Review of Utopia Vineyard

Utopia Vineyard
Ranked #4 of 56 things to do in Newberg
More attraction details
Owner description: Utopia Vineyard is a family owned producer of small-lot, handcrafted, estate wines, with a special emphasis on world-class Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. It sits within the Ribbon Ridge AVA (American Viticultural Area), one of the most prestigious winegrowing areas in the Willamette Valley.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A great experience again”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I went here two years ago when we couldn't find the winery we were looking for and it was near closing time and we found a gem. This is definitely not the most developed and refined facility, but their wine is awesome and Daniel, the owner, is a great host. Nice to actually talk with the owner and winemaker instead of someone who is just a pourer. I've learned more about wine here than any other winery I've ever visited. A lovely experience!

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Dmusch

Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic wine”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I love Daniel's wine. Highly recommend the Paradise or the 2007 Pinot Noir. The Rose is not to shabby for an inexpensive bottle ($20). The whites are not my favorite but that's just my taste. Would recommend their fall harvest dinner too. I'm a member and have gotten others to join. They take large bus groups (how I first visited) as well as small parties. Feel free to bring your own snacks and make a day of it. I've brought my young daughter there ( 9 yrs) and she did great.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Stumpettepdx
Tucson
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I visit a lot of wineries. This place rates towards the top for friendliness and customer service. The hilltop location is a great view. I just received my first wine shipment and it is fantastic. This should be a don't miss spot on your Williamette tour.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Todd A
Merritt Island, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Loved it so much I joined the wine club!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I visit Oregon every year for wine tasting. I found a hidden gem this year - Utopia. I liked it so much, I went back for 2 additional tastings and bought more wine. Daniel is very friendly and knowledgable. I look forward to visiting again next year and being a member of this wonderful wine club.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank mhasty
Lake Oswego, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Love this place!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I always include Utopia in our trips to the wine country. Their wines are consistently impressive and their hospitality welcoming. During our last visit, we took a picnic, opened a bottle and enjoyed their lovely new deck. Utopia wines are winning awards and their prices are reasonable.
Dan was also willing to donate when I recently asked for a contribution to a charity event I was working on.

Visited June 2012