“Mmmm”

Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Fabulous menu in a relaxed, fun setting. They feature european and local cuisine, using fresh, local ingredients whenever possible.

There are newer reviews for Recipe-A Neighborhood Kitchen

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I ate here after a short wine tasting trip on Black Friday. My parents ate there for lunch previously and thought the lunch was pretty good.

Our entire group was a little disappointed in the dinner. I had a steak, which the overall presentation was pretty good, the final prep left a little to be desired. It was on a bed of mushrooms with some small potatoes and vegetables, which were great. I ordered my steak medium rare. Apparently their idea of medium rare and mine were vastly different. The steak wasn't juicy as I was expecting upon first inspection. Not completely dried out, but a lot drier than I'd expect from a med rare steak.

My folks had the Gnocchi which wasn't bad, but was just kind of there, nothing to rave about.

Service was about average for a place like this. Not overly fast, but not terrible. Realistically what you'd want for this atmosphere.

I can't comment on the wine selection as I did not look. Three Micro Brew beer on tap. Tried 2 of 3. Good.

I would go back if looking for a nice place in the Newberg/Dundee area.

I am guessing by how busy they are, and how small the kitchen is, could explain my steak prep. We'll let it slide. :D For the size, I think they could turn out amazing food if they staggered their seatings, and only did two seatings a night. This would relieve the kitchen more, make the place more exclusive....

They're striving for world class, and they're close, just a few small improvements and they'd be dialed.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Had such a great lunch the first time, I had to go back again the next day! Limited selections on the menu, but the daily specials were very good.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I had read good reviews on TripAdvisor, so we stopped in for lunch on a Wednesday. We both saw the burrata and wanted it. The first words out of the waiter's mouth was that there were no deliveries of prosciutto that day, so our chosen item was not available. We had trouble deciding on anything else, and we both ended up choosing the roasted turkey sandwich. We really wanted to get 2 different items so we could sample both. The person at the next table told us the daily special stew was great. We tried it, and she was right! The stew had pork, white beans, tomatoes and several other tasty vegetables in it. We split a dessert, which was a vanilla rice pudding with hot caramel sauce. We finished every last drop. I recommend Recipe if you like high quality, tasty food.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Recipe is a great place to relax as you taste your way through the Willamette. The food was delicious - sandwiches on very good bread, with great charcuterie. The wine list was a pleasant balance between local pinots with a good selection of Old World wine as well. As we'd had our fill of Willamette Valley pinot at that point (if that's possible) - we went with a great french Cote du Rhone. We'll certainly be back!