“The Best Place To Stay In Oregon Wine Country!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newberg
Le Puy A Wine Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Newberg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is our 2nd visit to the area, and our first to Le Puy. I've travelled extensively in my life and this is the best stay in any of the US wine country areas I've visited from California to Washington. Andy met us as we arrived. He gave us a tour of our rooms and the place was spotless with new furniture and baths. Andy and Lea are architects and they have put amazing touches throughout the Inn. My wife and I stayed in the "Heaven" room and my brother & sister in law stayed in the "Water" room. Our room had room for all 4 of us to share wine & cheese inside after our days of winery visits. Each of these rooms also had a back porch at ground level overlooking the valley... providing a beautiful view of wine country. Breakfast every morning was included, and wow, what a great breakfast it was every morning. Andy and Lea accommodated my food allergies every day during our stay. You can watch movies in your rooms, but if you want to catch a game on TV, you must use the activity room which has a large flat screen. We didn't use this much but several of the visitors did.

In summary, this Inn may cost a little more than some of the others in the area, but when you think about it, most folks visit to buy wine and enjoy it with friends. For about the same cost as 2 bottles of good wine per day, you should upgrade to this Inn. You won't regret it... and It will be one of the highlights of your visit.

Room Tip: We loved the "Heaven" room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BillyBud200

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I just stayed at Le Puy and we have to say it was an absolutely great stay. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by Lea and Andy we felt welcome. The inn is on what passes for a main road out here, however it is set very far back. I have an onion allergy which we communicated when the reservation was made many months back. It was noted in the confirmation and we reaffirmed everything about a week prior to arrival when we were charged for the stay as was stated to us when we initially made the reservation. We were then showed the inn which was very nice open and stylishly appointed. After the brief tour and the indoctrination on how various things work and are located we were shown to our room. The name of our room was Thunder. The room was very nice. Everything was fresh and in working order and well maintained. We had a nice deck with a nice view of the property and the hills beyond. Our deck was adjoining the common deck. The view was completely blocked by a screen partition. It was super convenient though as we could simply walk over there through the mini maze to go to breakfast or go to the common area. We could also use the stairs to walk down to the outdoor seating area they had set-up there. There was limited climate control so at night we opened the windows and it was very comfortable. There was hardly any noise from the distant road so that was not an issue in any was. The road is very distant and is not busy as a main road would be back in NJ.

The breakfasts were very good and innovative. They accommodated my onion allergy without a problem. Lea and Andy gave useful advice on the area regarding dining and other information. We highly recommend Le Puy and have high regard for the innkeepers for doing such a great job and sharing their beautiful inn with us.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Darren D
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Wow! We stayed at Le Puy for 2 nights in the 'air' room and everything was perfect! The views from our room were breathtaking and the room was perfect for us. Each night we had fresh water, chocolates, and hazelnuts- which were amazing!!! Lea and Andy do a wonderful job making you feel right at home and take care of everything. All of their suggestions are wonderful and they truly helped us plan the perfect day. The breakfast each morning was amazing and they were very accommodating of my food allergies as well. Each meal melted in our mouth and all the ingredients were so fresh. Le Puy exceeded our expectations and we can not say enough positive things about our stay. I would highly recommend while staying in the wine country!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank hookem79
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My Husband and I recently spent 3 glorious nights at Le Puy in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. Having traveled extensively we both felt that this was by far one of the best lodging experiences we have ever had - especially for a B&B/Inn type establishment.

Owners Andy and Lea haven't missed a detail in both the amenities and ambiance of the Inn as well as in the service they provide. Our room (Fire) was well appointed, very comfortable and beautifully decorated. We enjoyed the afternoon chocolates and hazelnuts and the carafe of cold filtered water in the micro-fridge. Though the Inn has 8 rooms in total - it is so spacious that you almost feel as though the place is entirely yours. The views from the windows and patios are breathtaking and the outdoor spaces are perfect for enjoying your morning cup of coffee or an afternoon glass of wine.

From the first phone call - Lea had mapped out a possible itinerary that took the guess work out of vacation planning. Her restaurant and vineyard recommendations were spot on - we weren't disappointed with a single place on our tour of the valley. The breakfasts were 5 star
every morning and featured locally sourced and seasonal ingredients.

I can't imagine a better experience for our first trip to the Willamette Valley and we have Andy and Lea to thank for it. Plan a trip to this area and stay at Le Puy - you will not be disappointed!!

1  Thank Shannon93
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I guess I'm bucking the trend, we wanted to rate this B&B as 5 stars and going into our stay had high expectations however due to a few issues we cannot rate 5 stars. We arrived early around 1 because we had a long drive and were looking for some winery/lunch recommendations so we could waste time until check in. At first we were met with an icy reception and immediately told our room wasn't ready, once Lea realized we didn't want to check in she was much nicer with some helpful recommendations for wineries and lunch

We arrived back around 5 to check in and Andy met us. He was helpful with restaurant recommendations but upon realizing I didn't eat beef or pork his response was a bit strange for a 5 star property. He told me I didn't tell them about the pork only the beef and tomorrow's breakfast had ham in it. I was a bit taken back. I went back through my correspondence and can't prove what I had written, but don't see how I would write no beef without writing no pork. I just feel a 5 star property should have been more accommodating since he found out the night before and maybe offered to just make me scrambled eggs or something, but no offer was made. I was even hopeful the next morning some offer would be made, however the next morning I was served the egg/ham casserole with no offers for anything else. I didn't want to cause a problem so I ate it and tried to pick out the ham and give to my husband. Our second morning we were served French toast with bacon. The French toast was very good and I just gave the bacon to my husband.

As for the room we stayed in the thunder room, while the room was very nice & clean for some reason at night the temperature would increase and we could not get a good breeze by opening windows. There is no thermostat in the room which seems strange for a 5 star property. Plus, I didn't realize the B&B was on such a busy road from pictures and other reviews. We were forced to choose between being hot and dealing with street noise. Although the bed was comfortable it was hard to sleep with these issues. Our second day we asked Andy to turn up the air and during the day it was nice, but the second night we had the same issues again. Also, Thunder has a large porch, but it's not completely private, it's only separated from the common porch by 2 folding screens. Due to this we were a bit hesitant to leave the sliding glass door open since anyone could have just walked over to our room. It eventually got so hot we had to. This is probably only an issue in the summer, but still made for an uncomfortable stay. Lastly, the bathroom water pressure is a bit weak.

Also, they charge your credit card in full 7 days prior to your stay, I thought this was a bit strange . I travel quite a bit and have never run into this unless it was a prepaid room. The only reason I realized is because my credit card was stolen (on a different trip) but I had to request a new card. The card I initially reserved the room with is the one I had to cancel so Lea had to call me 7 days prior for the new #.

The property is very pretty and there are some nice touches like plush towels, tempurpedic beds, chocolates and hazelnuts every night, and cold filtered water in the fridge. Lea was friendly at every breakfast with recommendations for wineries to visit, but due to the above issues I just can't rate 5 stars. Honestly, I'm not sure if we would return or not.

Room Tip: If it's summer I would choose a room on the ground floor, it might not get as hot down there sin...
1  Thank Jennmcd08
Lea D, Owner at Le Puy A Wine Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

We are sorry that this guest did not have a superior experience, which we do strive to provide for all of our guests. I took their reservation over the phone and she said 'no beef'. I said that was not a problem as we did not have beef on our menu. When my husband was told at check-in that 'no beef' meant 'no pork', he did offer to make something else. The breakfast for the next morning was a casserole that he had just finished making, so that it set correctly and the meat is in it. He told them the pork was Canadian bacon - and both she and her husband said, "oh, she loves bacon!". She also told him not to worry about it and that she would be fine with the breakfast. The second morning, we had thick-cut bacon on the menu. We had turkey bacon all ready to go for her as an alternative, but again, she told my husband, 'I love bacon'. A primary philosophy of our business is to accommodate every guests likes, dislikes, restrictions and food preferences related to our menu. We offered to do something different, but both times she declined. To say that we did nothing to accommodate is false.

As for temperature in her room, they did indicate they were hot the first morning. We recommend that guests close both the solar shade and the black-out shade but they had not closed the solar shade which does make a huge difference. The air registers in their room were also closed, from a previous guest (?) which we opened after the first morning. The room she stayed in has both windows and a sliding door for ventilation. For particularly noise sensitive guests, we provide fans and white noise machines in the room, which as a previous frequent business traveler always helped me to sleep better in unfamiliar environments.

Charging within the cancellation policy time frame is a frequent practice for B&B's, smaller high-end resorts and house rentals. We often pay well in advance of our stays when we travel.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Le Puy and it was just as amazing as the first visit. The Inn is just incredible.. The location, The views, The accommodations and the innkeepers were wonderful. We stayed in the Water room and enjoyed nightly bottles of wine and sunsets from the jacuzzi on our patio. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable...Andy and Lea's attention to detail is wonderful, everything was exceptional. The home cooked breakfast using local and organic products were so delicious... We look forward to going back next year for our new "annual trip"

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CathyC1020
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a great romantic B&B with modern amenities like tempurpedic beds in a mountain lodge setting in georgous wine valley. Andy and Lea are great inn-keepers! We enjoyed the unique and delicious breakfasts, had wine around the outdoor fire pit, and even had a massage on premises. Perhaps its best and least-professed feature is the fact that the B&B is beneath an amazing canopy of stars.

1  Thank cjkovalcik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberg
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
#2 of 6 in McMinnville
Downtown
Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
#1 of 144 in Portland
The DreamGiver's Inn
#3 of 7 in Newberg

Been to Le Puy A Wine Valley Inn? Share your experiences!