“Outstanding hotel all around.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg

Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Newberg
arizona
“Outstanding hotel all around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2009

I stayed at the Shilo in late October while visiting family in town, and was very pleased throughout my 3 night stay. The staff there was very helpful, polite, and upbeat. I wasn't very familiar with the area and they went out of their way to point out all the local attractions, restaurants, and even gave me a map to refer to. I felt that they were very resourceful, and easy to approach. The room I stayed in was very comfortable, and just the right size. Not to mention very quiet which was very accommodating. In the morning, they offer a continental breakfast that was well balanced and satisfactory. Always fresh coffee prepared, and fresh fruit which I enjoyed. Overall, I am grateful I was able to find a nice, affordable hotel in a great location. Very pleased customer!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shilo_newberg, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg, responded to this review, February 19, 2010
I am so happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you so pleasantly! Oregon’s wine country has so many hidden secrets, we love guests to discover them, and experience the natural beauty is offers! I am also pleased to read our staff was helpful during your stay, the Shilo Inns takes great pride in excellent customer service. We want to thank you for your business, and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Los Angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2009

Well, this place has a few issues. The staff is nice and friendly, but can't improve this review.

Firstly, the water pressure in the shower is poor. Not so bad for me; terrible for the lady washing her hair.

Secondly, the hot tub was never hot. It seems like about 72 degrees is all it could manage.

Thirdly, the TV refused to work right. It had an issue talking to the cable box. Sometimes pulling the plug and waiting would work. Sometimes not.

We will not be staying here again.

Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
shilo_newberg, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg, responded to this review, February 15, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to discuss the issues you experienced during your stay. It helps us prepare, and execute better for the future. I am sorry to hear that you wouldn’t be visiting us again. I assure you a future stay will be much more positive, than the one you unfortunately had.

Travelers are raving about these Newberg hotels

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights with my family in Oct 2009. It is a basic hotel that has been recently remodeled. Our room was a good size, had comfortable beds, had new carpet and a new flat panel TV. The hotel is located conveniently off of the highway and is easy to find. The hotel offered a basic, but good, continental breakfast.

The only thing I was disappointed in was that they didn't have any baby cribs available (they said they were broken). Overall, the hotel is a good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
shilo_newberg, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg, responded to this review, February 5, 2010
I am glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms, and comfortable beds. We are so happy to hear our guests enjoying their stay, as we work hard to fulfill positive lodging experiences. I apologize about the baby cribs not being available, I assure we will do our best to make sure one is ready when you visit us next time.
Portland Ore.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2009

Its a good location to visit wine country. Nice helpful staff. Great rooms, plenty of towels.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StuPortlandOre_
shilo_newberg, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Thank you for the kind comments, as I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on future getaways to Oregon’s wine country.
Tigard, OR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2009

I rented the room to stay with my brides maids before my wedding the next day. We checked in the room fine and it was beautiful, but then the problems started. When I originally booked the room, (The largest and most expensive room, the apartment suite) I was told that we would be able to get roll away beds for the room. When I went to request them, I was told that they were out of roll away beds. So, some of my bridesmaids had to sleep on the floor. We also asked for extra blankets and pillows, and after the desk lady gave us some attitude, we received SOME blankets and pillows. Later that night, we did get a nice gentleman at the desk who gave us more pillows, even though the other lady said there were no more.

I then inquired about late checkout because my wedding was at 4pm. I wanted to stay until 2pm. I was told to tell the other girl at the desk that we would have a late checkout and that it costs an extra $10 an hour, which I was fine with. We told her we were staying until 2pm and we WATCHED her write it down.

Come the next day, around noon, someone came to our door telling us we needed to be out of the room by 12pm because they needed to get the room ready. I was running around at the park settingup the wedding, so one of my bridesmaids had to go talk to the manager about how we arranged a late check out. Just another thing to stress about on my wedding day.

Finally, when we checked out, I signed a slip for $134 only to find that they charged me an extra ten dollars that was not on the credit card receipt.

The room was great, the staff was not really knowledgeable or they were just rude. It really added more stress to my wedding day than I needed and tarnished my thoughts of Shilo Inn.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank marriedlady55
shilo_newberg, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg, responded to this review, September 29, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to share your wedding weekend story with us. First, congratulations on getting married! It’s an important day in one’s life with memories that last a lifetime. We are pleased you liked the room. The customer service concerns you posted however, are not typical for the Shilo Inn Suites – Newberg staff and have been addressed. Please return to stay with us for your 1st wedding anniversary and let us prove to you that our property is top notch in customer service!
Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

The hotel is situated a couple of hundred feet back from the main street, so our room was pretty quiet even though it faced the street. Rooms have tons of space with a mini-kitchen, fridge, and dining table. We never used these amenities, but it was nice to have them and the extra space! Furnishings are a bit on the older side and the floors squeek a bit when people walk on them, but we were very pleased with our room, especially for the price and location. Breakfast is pretty sparse, but they provide drinks, pastries, and fruit (they may also have a waffle maker), which was fine for us. Very convenient drive to all the wineries and restaurants in the area. Definitely would stay again.

Note to those going wine tasting: all five of the wineries we visited charged $10-15 for tastings. A bit disappointing since none of them allow you to keep the glasses, although a couple of places will apply this fee towards wine purchases over $25.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rainbowman-Hawaii
shilo_newberg, GM at Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg, responded to this review, August 27, 2009
Thank you for choosing to stay with Shilo Inn Suites – Newberg during your recent visit to Oregon’s award winning vineyards. Our guests often comment on the hotel’s convenient location in the heart of Oregon’s Wine Country. Whichever Yamhill County winery you choose to visit you can be assured that it will be a beautiful, short drive. On your next stay at the Shilo Inn Suites Newberg please feel free to ask any Shilo employee about local wineries and other Yamhill County attractions, we are always prepared to offer our assistance. Thank you for your business, we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in the area.
West Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

I travel quite a lot for business, and often stay in overrated expensive hotels. This hotel was as nice as any hotel I've been in, and for a great deal too. Not to mention free wifi, that was big with me as I am constantly doing work on my laptop. The hotel was also very clean, and kept up well. The staff and general manager were nice, as I had some issues with local maps in finding the wineries in the area. I definitely will be returning here if I need to travel to this area again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank pacwestbooks
shilo_newberg, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg, responded to this review, August 6, 2009
Thank you for your kind review. Shilo Inns is very proud to offer free wifi Internet at every Shilo location and I am happy that you appreciate the complimentary service. Please come see us again in Oregon’s beautiful wine country!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberg
BEST WESTERN Newberg Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville
Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville
GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville
Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites
McMinnville Inn
McMinnville Inn
#5 of 6 in McMinnville

Been to Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg? Share your experiences!