“Scrapbookers retreat site”

Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Newberg
Reviewed February 17, 2009

This is the third time we've come to Newberg to have a weekend scrapbooking retreat. The facility is great. Plenty of room for 14 scrappers. The sleeping rooms are spacious, although a bit dark. The staff are very helpful and gracious. Breakfast is good as are the cookies in the evening. We've already reserved our next retreat.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed November 22, 2008

I stayed at this hotel unexpectedly in a crisis. The 'newly remodeled' room with kitchenette was beautiful and comfortable.
When the maintenance man showed me the room he noticed a lightbulb out and it was fixed before I checked in.
I felt like I could finally settle in and take care of my unpleasant business.
They gave me a great weekly rate and I enjoyed the continental breakfast every morning. It was so nice to have that much less to worry about.
My thanks to Maritheresa for her kindness.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed October 14, 2008

First impression: the lobby is so dated, I felt like I was stuck in 1984. But I didn't come here for the lobby, I came here for the room. I actually prefer that hotels spend more money on the rooms themselves than a snazzy-looking lobby, and that's what the Shilo Inn did.

The beds are pretty comfortable with lots of pillows. A comparable hotel is probably any Radisson Inn. Some of the fixtures were a little awkward and dated, but Shilo did a good job of transitioning. Overall, it was an asthetically pleasing room.

Carpet was like-new condition, the fridge worked fine and the towells are good.

• Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank Becca_C
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Came to area for youth athletic event. Upon check-in the room air conditioner was not working and the room smelled bad. We noticed that there was food stains on the walls and a large squished spider was on the wall over the TV. The TV was poor and very old, blurry picture and sound volume was barely audible. Rest of room was good. Looks to have had new carpeting, drapes bed spreads lately. Room was spacious and otherwise comfortable. The hotel maint. manager (Scott) came up and replaced our TV and got the A/C to work a little better the second day. he also got the cleaning staff to come in and clean the walls. Kids enjoyed the outdoor pool. Breakfast was very basic and the coffee was terrible (too watered down). Staff was helpful and attendant to our needs. Located in an area with lots of choices for dining and shopping. All in all it was what I expected for a low $73.00 per night. We spent most of our time at the softball fields or driving around anyway. Generally hotel was a 5 or 6 out of 10 on cleanliness. Could be better in my book. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2008

I was a little worried about staying at the Shilo inn in Newberg based on reviews I had seen. Once I got to more recent reviews I realized that over the last year there was nothing but great things that were said about this location. I had to experience it for myself. I was a little hesitant walking in but from the first friendly smile at the front desk to the AMAZINGLY clean rooms and the great relaxation by the pool all the way to the friendly "We hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and we hope to see you again" as I left, I had the most amazing experience. I travel all the time for business and pleasure and everytime I come this way. Newberg Shilo Inn is the place that I will stay everytime. Thank you so much to great staff that made this the best ending to an amazing trip!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2008

I really liked my stay at the Shilo Inn. The rooms are very quiet and cozy. I did not find the Inn hard to locate once I reached Newberg. The customer service was great they accommodated me according to my specific needs. It is a great palce if you are looking for a place to rest and relax the atmosphere is conducive to resting and relaxing.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed February 17, 2008

I recently had an interview in Newberg, Oregon. The interviewing company made the reservations... The staff was awesome! Property was centrally located. If you visit Newberg... and stay at Shilo... Make sure to ask for Cody Heimeyer... he is great!

Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank lbrittain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberg
Best Western Newberg Inn
GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville
Century Hotel
Century Hotel
#2 of 2 in Tualatin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country? Share your experiences!