Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country
Best Western Newberg Inn(Newberg)(Great Value!)
$131
$128
$112
$110
HolidayInn.com
La Quinta Inn Wilsonville(Wilsonville)
$127
TripAdvisor
All reviewsturkey sausageyogurtthird floorcontinental breakfastblackout curtainslarge rooman updatequiet at nightup to dategeorge foxa nice place to staynight staybed was comfortablenewburghsinkwineriestoaster
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We went to a baseball tournament, Had the do not disturb on our door- my daughters purse was ransacked, and her money 150.00 was gone. I immediately called the front desk, the young guy seemed concerned and helpful. In the am I called the police and they came. No one has called me or dealt with this. I guess if you hire housekeeping and they pretend they cant speak English they cant address things. I am furious. The manager has not called and corporate has not called. I paid 160.00 cash to stay here, if I would have used a credit card I could have stopped the charges... I hope Shilo enjoys stealing form little kids.............I IWILL NEVER STAY AT ANY SHILO AGAIN... SUPPORT ME AND DO THE SAME.... PLEASE

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else....
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank staceyshouses
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Just spent the night at Shilo Inn Newberg OR 8-25-12. Filthy & Hot room #226. Tub had black mold around an old pasted down mat. Dried Pee on the toilet. No AC in the room. Dirty Blanket on the bed. Long Black hair on the sheets. We are BLONDE. Dark hallways with wornout spotted carpet. Pool area also had black mold in tiles. They even disputed the rate we were quoted when reservations were made. Unfortunately the Travelodge across the Hwy was fully booked. I requested a change of room when we discovered the AC didn't work. They just said Oh it does that sometimes and handed us a box fan to put in the window. I took pictures with my cell phone and sent them to guestservices@shiloinns.com clearly showing the filth. The GM for this location called back with an excuse for each item mentioned above. New tub mat was on order, the AC was working when he went to the room and no dirty blanket to be found....miraculous! I bet the toilet cleaned itself too! So many excuses it was ridiculous! He then offer a discounted rate if I ever stay in Newberg OR again. I wouldn't stay there again if it was free! I have never before registered a complaint about a hotel room but this place is gross! After comparing notes with other friends I found out several had similar or worse experiences at Shilo Inns. I will never again stay at a Shilo Inn. I would rather perch myself in a tree! Hotel guests BE WARE!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank s r
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed four nights at the Newberg Shilo Inn during a sports tournament.

Staff was exceptionally friendly and accomodating. Our room had two double beds, linens and towels were great, and the kitchen area was well-equipped for our needs. There was a microwave, a sink, and a generously sized mini-fridge. Air-conditioning was necessary and provided a pleasant white noise that was not unpleasant. The room was large enough to spread out sports uniforms and equipment for sorting and storage. WiFi connection in our room was excellent (we were central, on upper floor) but for another in our group WiFi was terrible (she was at the end of one hall).

The hotel is not fancy but met all of our needs while in Newberg and we would definitely stay here again.

Across the street is a good Mexican restaurant (Lago de Chapala).

Room Tip: Upper floor was quieter than others. Ask for room with good WiFi as some rooms had poor reception.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear TouristeSeattle,

I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your recent visit to the Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg, Oregon. We really appreciate every comment each of our guests provide. It helps us strive to provide the best service for each of our guest.

Our staff here really enjoys providing our guests with the best possible experience.

Our staff was pleased that you found them exceptionally friendly. We are glad you found the room to be well equipped for your needs. It is pleasing to see returning sport teams visiting the Newberg area each year. We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you again for choosing the Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband, son and I recently stayed here when we visited George Fox University, which is just around the corner. The young man behind the desk was on the phone when we arrived, but he placed the other customer on hold so that he could check us in. He handled that situation perfectly and made us feel welcome right away. The lobby had a lot of personal touches, such as a clear glass container of ice water with lemons in it and another container with doggy treats. We helped ourselves to water and skipped the doggy treats since we had no pet, due to my allergies to dogs and cats. I DID ask ahead of time for a room that was not used for customers with pets, and my request was granted upon arrival. I never had any kind of reaction to pet dander while in my room.
As others have said, we received a key to our room--not the fancy card keys in most hotels these days. It felt funny, but we just took it all in stride. As we walked along the hallway, we could see that the carpet was very worn and the doors on the rooms were extremely dated. But, once we got into our room, we were pleasantly surprised at how spacious the room was and the good condition of most everything in the room. Yes, as others have said, the bed spreads and decor are dark, and not in a fashionable way. But, things were generally clean, including the bathroom, which I am VERY picky about. Btw, the room was so spacious that we could have easily fit a queen air mattress on the floor.
The one thing I had a hard time with in this room was the fact that the air conditioner turned on and off all night and kept waking me up. If you are a light sleeper, this could be a problem for you. There was no option on the unit to keep the fan running all night. The controls are not on a wall-mounted thermostat, but on the unit. You can choose heat or cool and high or low fan. There is no thermostat.
There is a nice size refrigerator and an additional sink in the room. It looks like a wet bar that is out of place. There are large cabinets that look like they should have pots and pans in them, too. It wasn't a problem, it just surprised us. We really enjoyed having the fridge. There was also a min microwave, which was nice.
The bathroom sink & mirror are separate from the tub & toilet, which we always like. The soap and other products were, as I had expected, not up to my standards, but I had brought my own shampoo, soap, etc. They provide minimal products, including a combination shampoo and conditioner. We just used the hand soap provided and left the rest.
Breakfast was big belgium waffles that each person made on their own--so delicious! Thankfully when we went down to the lobby there were very few people there. Otherwise, it would have been a long wait for a waffle. There were no hot eggs--just hard-boiled eggs in the refrigerator. There was also yogurt, cereal, toast and juice.
If we return to Newberg we will most likely stay there again. It was clean, quiet, and the staff was incredibly friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Good Morning Denise A,

I am so happy you felt very welcomed upon arrival, we all take pride in this hotel, I hope it shows. I want to thank you for the comment about our hallway carpet and the doors. I will address these issues with our corporate office. I ame glad you found our rooms to be spacious. I want to apologize for the air-conditioner turning off and on through the night, some of the units have a controller built in it to prevent the compressor from breaking down during heat waves; that is why they turn off and turn back on.

Guests love that we are the closest Hotel to George Fox University. Always ask for the George Fox Special when making your future reservation to visit George Fox University.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Dark hallways, non- working frig in room, old in need of a remodel. There is a sign on the building that reads newly remodeled. Apparently that refers to the flat panel TV as that is the only evidence we saw of something new in the hotel. They still use metal keys instead of key cards which reflects the lack of investment in the property.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Shilo I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Hello Plenow,

I want to thank you letting us know about your recent visit to the Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg, Oregon. We really appreciate every comment each of our guest provide. It helps us to strive to provide the best service for each of our guest.

All of our rooms have been recently remodeled. The Carpet, Furniture & Drapery were all remodeled. I appreciate that you commented on the hallways. I will notify our corporate office and have them look into this issue. I was wondering if you brought the refrigerator issue up to the front desk agent, I am certain they would have either asked our maintenance crew to replace or repair the refrigerator or they would have switched you to a different room.

Thank you again for choosing the Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.