“Best of the hotels in Newberg”

Shilo Inn Suites Newberg - Oregon
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Newberg
Hawaii
“Best of the hotels in Newberg”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We liked this hotel because it is close to George Fox University. The rooms were nice and clean. The internet was ok and the breakfast was good. The rooms are dark because there is not enough lights and the color sceme is dark. After staying at two other hotels in Newberg, we liked this one the best.

Room Tip: They give a discount if your child attends George Fox University.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Newberg - Oregon, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Good Morning TW

I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us
know about your recent visit to the Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg, Oregon. We
really appreciate every comment each of our guest provide. It helps us to
strive to provide the best service for each of our guest.

Our staff here really enjoys providing our guests with the best possible
experience. The experience should be like walking inside your own home and
kicking your shoes off to relax.

We are glad you found our rooms to be nice. Guests love that we are the
closest Hotel to George Fox University. Always ask for the George Fox
Special when making your future reservation to visit George Fox University.

Thank you again for choosing the Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg and we look
forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Best Regards
Scott Fritscher - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Seattle
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The hotel was clean and neat. The rooms were spacious and affordable. The beds were extremely comfortable as well! We were attending a campus event at George Fox University so we were offered a special rate as well. The value is outstanding, especially for parents of prospective college students. Loved, loved, loved the coffee as we're from Seattle and generally hotel/motel coffee is weak or not outstanding. So nice to have that in light of the long days and short nights we experienced while we were in town. The staff was courteous and friendly and accommodating to all our requests and needs. Will definitely recommend to all who travel through the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cd-seattle
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Newberg - Oregon, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Dear cd-seattle,

I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your recent visit to the Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg, Oregon.

Our staff here really enjoys providing our guests with the best possible experience, because you are busy with trying to get your child ready for college; and you don’t need any more stress. The experience should be like walking inside your own home and kicking your shoes off to relax.

We are glad you found the room very spacious and affordable. We love providing each guest the best comfort possible. Many guests have also mentioned that the coffee in the lobby and inside the rooms were wonderful too. They love the one cup maker system.

Thank you again for choosing the Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future. May you have a safe and wonderful traveling experience for your next visit!

Best Regards
Scott Fritscher - General Manager
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Clean rooms, friendly and accommodating staff, nice complimentary breakfast. Nice to have a refrigerator and coffee maker in the rooms, as well as Wi-Fi.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Newberg - Oregon, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
We really appreciate every comment each of our guest provide. It helps us to strive to provide the best service for each of our guest. I want to thank you for choosing Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg.
We were glad you found our staff friendly and accommodating. We love providing each guest the best comfort possible. Each of our rooms has a small studio refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave oven, hair dryer, iron & iron board; to help provide the convenience and comfort as like being at your own home.

We are currently featuring a wine tasting package, “Taste, Tour, & Tails” that includes cheese and wine tasting at local tasting rooms, horse carriage ride to various wineries, and overnight accommodations that you might enjoy. You can visit our website for further information or call us directly.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I can't say enough good things about this place, given that the price is so affordable. This hotel was just updated and they did a nice job. Rooms are also quite spacious and beds are comfortable. This is soooo central a location for trips to Oregon wine country!!! I had a great time staying there, and staff - from front desk, to GM, to housekeeping lead - were very pet-friendly and made my fur kids feel completely and totally at home. Fortunately, I have good pets, but they were excited to see my greyhounds daily, and I was thrilled to call this place home for the time I did. If anyone could balk at this place - for between $71 and $80 a night - I would faint dead. It's as nice as many $150 to $200 rooms in Portland and other cities, and offers you a nice place to stay while touring one of the most amazing places in the world - Oregon wine country!! Lavender in bloom, wine flowing, amazing food... this felt like a steal. I will stay here again and again. It's also not a bad cut-over through wine country and Forest Grove to the Oregon coast, and only took 90 minutes to hit the sand at Oswald State Beach. (Only possible suggestion might be changing the carpet in hallways in stairwell and second floor, since over time it takes on odors that even the best staff can't overcome - but trust me, that was a small deal compared to how great the hotel, location and staff are!)

Room Tip: Speak to any one of the friendly staff, but the one lady works M to F weekday mornings and is terrif...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to the Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg.
The staff here really enjoys providing our guests with the best possible experience.
We enjoy the pets that tag along too. Our pets need to be spoiled and have vacation trips just like our guest. We are glad you found the room very comfortable and affordable.

Many of our guest also find the pet policy to be fantastic, but for those concerned please make to request a non pet room. We do have sections of the building we try not allow pets in for this reason.

Washington State
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Traveled to Newberg with family in July to visit George Fox University and attend their summer campus visit. Hotel is a short distance from campus and offers a special rate to folks attending campus events. Stayed in room with 2 Queens on 3rd (top) floor overlooking the pool. Room was very clean, modern, and surprisingly quiet considering the hotel was completely booked for the nights we were there. (top floor always helps)Room included separate sink, counter and mirror outside the shower room which is a definate plus for a family with two teenage girls. Also small microwave and fridge. Hotel provided continental type breakfast with yogurts, cereal boxes, beverages, and bagels in the lobby. It was a very economical and pleasant stay for this hotel class. Will stay here again if in the Newberg area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Newberg - Oregon, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
We take a great deal of pride in providing our guests with the best possible experience. We are glad you found the room very comfortable and quiet, especially during a date which we were completely full. We love providing each guest the best comfort possible.

Fortuna, California
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I have been to this Shilo Inn many times over the past year as my daughter attends the local university. This Shilo Inn is where I always choose to stay when I am in Newberg. I have never had an issue with it not being clean. I have never seen mold in the rooms I have been in and I have been in several now. I have not noticed a problem with the walls being on the thin side, yet. The starff has always been very nice and helpful. The breakfast does not offer a wide variety of choices and does hot have hot food, but it has cereal, milk, juice, coffee, pastries, fruit, eggs, yogurt, and muffins/toast, and breakfast burritos(well that is a hot food which can be warmed up in the micro). The fitness room is not the best, but it has some stuff. I have not tried the jazuzzi or pool. My husband loves the sauna and steam room. There is a laundry, but it took quite a few times to get my jeans dry. This was addressed immediately by the staff and appears there was a clog in the duct. One person commented on the low income apts. right next door and some undesierable people from that place in the hotel parking lot. Yes, there are apts. nearaby, but I have not encountered problems. The parking lot can be a bit dark, so maybe brighter lighting in that area can be looked into which may discourage people from hanging out can be looked into? Overall, I really have enjoyed the place. The price is good, it is clean, comfortable, and has everthing I need to be comfortable for a few days. Oh yes, the wifi is free and I have never had a problem with it working, There is also a computer downstairs if you don't have a laptop of your own. I am 46 years old and my husband is 49. Our children are 18 and 13 and we have enjoyed this place very much.

• Stayed February 2011
NewbergGM, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Newberg - Oregon, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
I was pleased your husband was able to relax and enjoy our sauna and steam room, hopefully you can enjoy our outdoor pool during your next visit. You will also be happy to know we will be adding waffles to our Breakfast to enhance our guests experience. I can assure you I have taken the necessary steps to correct the lighting issues you mention and thank you for letting us know your concerns.

We are currently featuring a wine tasting package, Grapes, Gourmet & Goodnight that includes wine & cheese pairing, customized wine tour, dinner and overnight accommodations that you might enjoy, you can visit our website, for further information or call us directly.

Thank you again for choosing the Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg, our staff takes a great deal of pride in providing our guests with a memorable visit and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Best Regards & Safe Traveling,
Hometown
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Because we were traveling with kids, we weren't looking for frills. Just clean and comfortable please. Unfortunately, this did not live up to our hopes.

The Good: The location is close to beautiful Oregon wine country. The internet worked just fine and was easy to access. Most of the staff were courteous (except the woman who scowled at us for asking if they would please put out more coffee during the breakfast). The kitchenette area had lots of counterspace and was very useful and spacious. The room itself was fairly spacious. Matresses were fairly comfortable. The hotel is tucked back away from the street, so we didn't hear any road noise.

The Bad: While we didn't have any specifically noisy guests, the walls are very, very thin. We had to knock on the adjoining door to our room to kindly get the person to turn off their cell phone alarm after it had been ringing for five minutes straight. Had there been any insulation/sound proofing, that wouldn't have been an issue. Within the room, the air conditioner/heater is loud. The breakfast was, well...lacking. We've had a great many hotel "continental" breakfasts, and this was the least desirable. The "remodel" the hotel touts is updated bed coverings (which were decent), cheaply painted doors to make them look like dark wood (already chipping), and a couple of feet of tile on the bathroom floor.

AND...The Ugly: First and foremost was the mold all over in the shower, the "barely" clean toilet, and soiled carpets. I just can't tolerate that. I cringed at everything my family touched - sheets, mugs, glasses - wondering if the same negligence was applied to their cleaning. I can't imagine sitting in a hot tub or swimming in the pool. :p And when we went out to our car in the back parking lot, there were a couple of drunks who were walking from the low end apartments the are directly behind the hotel, being loud and making lewd comments to my daughter and I. I was relieved that we had a strong male present!

The friendly staff made me WANT to rate this hotel more highly, but there were just too many negatives to do so. Sorry, but I cannot recommend this one.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank FunLovin'
NewbergGM, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Newberg - Oregon, responded to this review, December 8, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to the Shilo Inn Newberg.

I was disappointed you did not enjoy your visit as much as we would have liked and can assure you, if our staff had been notified we certainly would have done our best to alleviate your concerns. We take a great deal of pride in providing our guests with the best possible experience and certainly hope you will give us another opportunity if your travels bring you to Newberg in the future; I would be happy to personally assist you with your lodging arrangements and hope to regain your confidence in Shilo Inns.

Best Regards - Scott

Travelers are raving about these Newberg hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberg
Best Western Newberg Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
#2 of 6 in McMinnville
Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville
Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites
Newberg Travelodge Suites

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Newberg - Oregon? Share your experiences!