“Poor Management, No Care”

Newberg Travelodge Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Newberg
Bend, Oregon
“Poor Management, No Care”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We booked the room from hotels.com, then went back to hotels.com to book another night, (I called the travelodge suites for the 2nd night and Balag (Manager) would not set up the reservation because I had one night booked with hotels.com) When I called hotels.com to book the 2nd night, I asked if I could pay for our dog, they told me to pay when we got to hotel. We arrived at hotel @ 9pm, paid for our dog, and then Balag said they had no non-smoking rooms with pets for the night (we are not smokers so had booked the non smoking room) Balag didn't care we made the reservation on line with hotels.com., He began to put them down and tell me it was not his problem, ( I went to the truck to call hotels.com to get this resolved, they did what they could, but didn't really get anywhere with Balag, other than tell me we could stay in a smoking room.) By this time it was 9:30pm and we were tired from the drive over. We went to the room, It was so bad, we had to open the window up, keep our privacy door open (so of course I didn't sleep) & turn on the ac, we were sick in the morning from the smoke smell. To make matters worse, yes I was upset, Balag told me we could leave, that he wouldn't give me a room for Saturday night. I had to basically beg for a room that was already paid for, The second night was better, but the abuse from Management was not good. We would not recommend staying at a hotel where the manager tells you he does not care and will lies to you to your face. He made the remark to me, " you didn't know if you would have the dog or not." We never talked about the dog, he would not talk to me when I called to make the 2nd night reservation, & our dog is with us 24 hours a day, he even goes to work with us, so, why would I say I didn't know if I was bringing my dog with me? Hmmmm.

Room Tip: Go To Best Western or stay in the next town.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
travel99w, Manager at Newberg Travelodge Suites, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We are extremely sorry for the guest,s experience. Hotel.com/expedia clearly told the undersigned that there was no mention of pet when she made the reservation. Since the hotel did not have a pet room which is non- smoking the property could not give her non smoking room where the pet is allowed. Apart from the above the customer was abusive to the staff using "F" language on them. The staff was so unhappy with that. The recorded conversation is available with the hotel.
It is clear in the websit that when ever the customer has a pet call the property direct, as the property has limited pet friendly rooms. Hotel.com amd Expedia has been booking rooms for their guests without consuling the hotel regarding the availabiltyand is creationg problems for the guests as well as bad name to the hotel.
However the inconveience caused to the "GUEST" is regretted.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Everett, Washington
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My family stays here every few months. We love staying here. We have tried a few other hotels in the Newberg/McMinnville area and we always enjoy this one the best. They have a very nice indoor pool and hot tub. They also have a continential breakfast. The price is reasonable and they even have a room that has a hot tub in it for an afforadable price. The staff is friendly and always helpful. The rooms are always clean. It is right off the main roadway and there are at least three restaraunts within walking distance along with a coffee stand and a convienence store. I would definately reccomend staying here.

Room Tip: I would reccomend the room with the hot tub in it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Maui
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We checked in for two nights while my son previewed George Fox. We were in room 123. It took us a little bit to figure the door handle to lift up and not down to open door. The room was basic but had a refrigerator, microwave and hair dryer. The beds were comfortable, sheets were clean. The blankets were itchy and the bedspread...well it could use updating. Multi-colored to hide what? One time I stretched my arm up onto the headboard and found gum behind it. I don't like that guests do that. Lazy get up and throw it away.

The room heater worked almost too good, had to turn it off. It got down to 35 degrees when we were there, I am definitely not ready for that kind of cold. Bathroom was clean with new shower curtain, that always helps.

Didn't use the breakfast as we were up and out of there early. Didn't see any staff except when we checked in. If my son chooses to go to George Fox, I will have to try another property in the area to compare. Though I hear the selection is slim. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberg
Best Western Newberg Inn
Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville
Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville
GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville
Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites

Been to Newberg Travelodge Suites? Share your experiences!