“Great Seafood”

Schooner Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Netarts
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Schooner Restaurant & Lounge specializes in farm-to-table, locally sourced cuisine. Known nationally for our fresh Netarts Bay oysters! Specialty craft cocktails, local micro-brews and Oregon/Washington wine selections!
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I love the Schooner and come here whenever I visit the Oregon Coast. The last time I visited we ordered an assortment of seafood appetizers, Rockefeller oysters, steamer clams, and coconut shrimp. I usually don't like oysters, but these were so good, I even ate two. I couldn't stop eating the clams, they came in some delicious sauce that I couldn't get enough of. The shrimp were huge, they were probably actually prawns. I also had a small bowl of clam chowder that was just swimming with clams. I've also had full meals here and I've never been disappointed. It's nice to sit outside on a warm day in the big comfy chairs overlooking the bay. This place always satisfies.

• Visited July 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Fresh local food!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We came into the Schooner after 10 hours on the road and were pleasantly surprised at the menu selection and our waiter, who was professional and pleasant. Fresh vegetables and local seafoods from the area guaranteed a good meal. Had the grilled romaine based on someone else's recommendation, and would not recommend. Needed some Parmesan or goat cheese instead of the fried egg on top to give it some flavor! We really enjoyed the "Un po'd'amore" (which is not a pizza but similar) with smoked halibut and arugula. Good drink selections and decent atmosphere. I'd call it a plus! Outside dining also available for those hearty souls or nice warm evenings. Breakfast menu also looked delicious!

Visited July 2013
Rockaway Beach, Oregon
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We tried out the Schooner for the first time for breakfast. The menu isn't huge, but has a number of choices that sounded good to both my husband and I. As I'm gluten free, it was easy to find something that worked as well.

I had the Celtic starter - corned beef, potatoes, and eggs. My husband went with a more adventurous choice - the cubano/monte cristo sandwich. Mine was really tasty. The wood smoke on the corned beef and potatoes was really tasty. The only down side was the ratio of meat to potatoes was low - WAY more taters. Eggs were perfectly cooked over medium.

My husband really enjoyed his sandwich. An odd combo of a cuban, with chorizo sausage. It looked great - came served like a cuban street food sandwich would - in a paper bag!

We perused the lunch/dinner menus as well. Many options that sounded great, so we'll be heading back for lunch soon. (Probably not dinner, as my husband isn't a seafood eater - that's the focus at night.) The view of the bay was great, and the interior is very nice. A great patio seating option might be nice on a warmer day! Friendly service capped it off. We will return!

• Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Perfect "after clamming" meal”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

we go down to Netarts to clam and crab, but mostly to clam. the kids just think that's the best thing ever. when we're done, it is so satisfying to pull the seaweed off the boat, count your clams and walk across the parking lot for an awesome meal and even more awesome and well-earned beer.

the schooner has indoor and outdoor seating, a grownup only section in the bar and just friendly coastal atmosphere. we've been there with 2 people and 12 people and every time we go, we have a great time.

• Visited October 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Just Eat that Roasted Romain Salad!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just Eat that Roasted Romain Salad! I had it last year and dreamed of it all year until eating it again and finding it to be even more delicious than I remembered! I had a bite of a burger that was amazing as well. I like that they go out of their way to use local ingredients and pastured meat, too. Very good eating all around, but particularly if you happen to be paleo or have some precious gut issues.

Visited June 2013