“A Pearl!”

Schooner Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Netarts
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Schooner Restaurant & Lounge specializes in farm-to-table, locally sourced cuisine. Known nationally for our fresh Netarts Bay oysters! Specialty craft cocktails, local micro-brews and Oregon/Washington wine selections!
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Take this exquisitely prepared food, serve it at any restaurant in the Pearl District in NW Portland, and the restaurant would instantly become top rated. But then Netarts, Oregon isn't the Pearl and that is fine with me....

1  Thank ThomasBuckingham

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We read the reviews about the terrible service but fortunately there were very few others dining so the service was quite good. The clam chowder is quite good and very chunky. My wife ordered Coconut Shrimp which she said was good but the dipping sauce was way too hot for her. She was able to get some sweet chili sauce that she liked. I ordered steamers which had a lot more garlic than I've ever encountered, but I got used to it. We ordered just appetizers and both were very generous servings.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Schooner is a nice place to visit - close to the bay with a very "coastal" feeling, but the quality and amount of food could be improved. I had the Bouillabaisse with a "good choice" from the waiter. He suggested that it would be more than enough to eat. What I got was a large bowl with mostly mussels, two prawns, three or four clams, some fish and rather thin broth. No crab. It didn't taste bad, it just didn't taste. I actually had to salt it to make it taste like something. I'm wondering if the cook left the spices out. Certainly some crab would have helped. It didn't fill me up and cost about $25. I did get a loaf of homemade bread with it that was pretty good, however.

My wife had the steak that was also about $25 and it tasted good, with some potatoes and vegetables (they were very good, the way they were cooked - some kind of asparagus thingy), but a bit over priced for what she got.

My brother visited a few days later and had the scallop dish - also for about $25. He said he got four tasteless scallops - a great disappointment.

On the positive side, I did see a glorious hamburger go by that looked wonderful. Think I will try that if I go back. Also I believe they do make a pretty good pizza.

The waiter was polite and helpful, though I thought the singing in the kitchen was a bit unprofessional for a place that is trying to appear classy.

If you go, I would suggest you stay with a simpler meal and you probably won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Bill F
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is the second year we have eaten here while staying on the coast. It was too cold and rainy to eat outside the night we went but it would be a good place to do so. Pan Fried Oysters are still my favorite. Service the night we went was fine. There were 6 of us and we all liked our meals.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

A shame. Nice location... Poor table service and kitchen wasn't much better... And they weren't even busy. Took a very long time to get meal and two of party never got the complete meal.. Missing milk and bread. Mediocre food quality. Unfortunately not much else around.. But worth going on to Oceanside.

3  Thank tjej01