“Bad Experience”

Schooner Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Netarts
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Schooner Restaurant & Lounge specializes in farm-to-table, locally sourced cuisine. Known nationally for our fresh Netarts Bay oysters! Specialty craft cocktails, local micro-brews and Oregon/Washington wine selections!
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We took some friends there for dinner last night and the meal was horrible; under cook burger, under cooked fries...no cheese on pizza; embarassing for us as we had high expectations that our friends would love it! The only thing good was the beer. When I called to let them know today the manager was seemingly not concerned about our experience as she rushed me off the phone. I would not recommend this restaurant nor would I go back there again.

2  Thank Julie J
There are newer reviews for Schooner Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Visited the restaurant for lunch during the week with two friends because we heard they had good food. I liked that they support local vendors and hold fundraisers to benefit the community and local folks that might need a helping hand. We enjoyed our conversations with the waitress about community events and that everything on the menu (meat, fish, salad greens, etc.) except one item was purchased from local farmers and dorymen. We all had different dishes and shared. I had a salad topped with crispy oysters, all of which was very good. I liked everything I tasted. Took an order of their chicken wings home that my husband raved about for weeks. The restaurant is 80 miles from home, but I'll definitely visit again when we're a little closer, next time we're at the coast.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The sign on the highway shows a pilsener glass and points down a hill toward the bay. What looks like a great summertime patio was all put up for the season, as the winter weather rained and blew in from the adjacent ocean. Retreating from the weather into the bar side of the eatery (as opposed to the restaurant side) I found a pleasantly cozy establishment, sat myself at the burly wooden bar, and struck up conversation with the bartender. The beer selection was admirable, and the darkness of the Black Butte Porter special edition was mimicked by the pleasantly dark environment of this true tavern. Pleasant experience, and just what the doctor ordered. I tried the oyster plate, with french fries. The Netart's Bay fried oysters were big enough I had to eat them with a fork. Delicious, rich, the taste of the ocean. If you're in this area, oysters from the local bay should be on your list. This was a comfortable bar, well composed and distinctly separate from the adjacent restaurant. Let the families and kids eat in the well lit restaurant, while the rest of us weather the Pacific winter storm next door in the bar, with beer, fried oysters and tall tales.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

If you want a late supper, Netarts is not the place to be. We were tired and hungry on a Friday evening when we arrived and asked at our hotel where to find a meal in Netarts. It was nearly 9 o'clock when we pulled into the parking lot at the Schooner. There was no one in the dining room and the server said we were welcome to come in, but the place was closing in 2 minutes. We asked if food was served in the bar and were told there was a bar menu, so that's where we decided to have supper. The bar wasn't too busy or loud, but the menu had very few choices. I had an interesting salad and my friend had the sliders. I would say the food was just ok, nothing spectacular. We did, however, get all the details (several times) about how someone had gotten sick in the hallway leading to the restrooms. Not very appetizing dinner conversation. So, if you're looking for a place to eat in Netarts after 9 on a Friday night, you'll find food at the Schooner, and it may be a meal to remember, but not because it's a culinary delight.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Unusually good food for a pizza type restaurant. Brick ovens, bar, and outside seating give you a mental picture of the type of restaurant I'm describing. I rarely go here, because the price is not equivolent to the taste of food served and offered. However it is good food. There is a view of the bay-but you have to look thru the parking lot to see it.