“Rustic but charming”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Netarts
Happy Camp Hideaway
Langley, British Columbia, Canada
“Rustic but charming”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We booked our stay based on the website and the reviews. We are staying in Cabin #2 and it is definitely a quirky little space. The floors are uneven which means you have to prop up the coffee maker to keep it from leaking. The kitchen is super tiny, but most people probably either dine out or bbq when here. The fridge has its own issues, but we have ice and a cooler, so all is ok for now.
The bed is cozy with the quilts and extra pillows, but after sinking into it all night, it's tough to stretch out your back!
The Wi-Fi is spotty but the wood burning stove and the secluded feeling makes me feel like I am at the cabin in Manitoba again. We love that it is dog friendly and not just dog tolerant.
The vibe here is really relaxed and I am sure that on a nice evening, happy hour is a blast. Unfortunately, we have rain in our forecast.
I think we will come back again, but maybe book the big cabin and stay a bit longer!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank corinaandryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We've been coming to Happy Camp for years, and the owners (Teresa and Bruce) have always been exceedingly helpful and friendly. If you want very modern accomodations, they have some new houses that they manage. If you want cheaper and a little rustic, their older cabins are right at the beach line, you can't get any closer. And little Netarts Bay is a hidden gem of the coast. They're pretty solidly booked in the summer, you have to reserve early, but this is also a wonderful spot off-season, which is often when we go.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MeggieRuby
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have been coming to Happy Camp for years and I am now 82 years and still love being at Happy Camp and seeing Teresa and Bruce - they are the best owners and friends one could have. My cocker spaniels and I have stayed in every one of the cabins and once a year we have our women's retreat with around 28-30 women where we rent the whole camp and have a wonderful time. Bruce gets the campfire ready for us - Teresa checks us all in - the cabins are ready for us -we move in and take over for a weekend of fun, fellowship and food. During the year I try to get down once a month for a couple nites - mornings are great on the beach for a walk with my dogs and no one else there. Access to the beach is easy for us older folks, scenery just short of heaven and time to relax, rest and thank God for Happy Camp.

Room Tip: Cabins # 5,7 or 9 are my favorites.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jasminejoy
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I'm disappointed in the reviews posted by some people here about their problems with some of the cabins. Personally, we don't go to this place because we're interested in a luxury hotel experience. We want the beach experience....and who cares of it's a little rough.

I bring my two children here...along with our dog...and we don't have to worry about dragging a little sand in (although we try to keep it at a minimum). I don't care for the more stuffy, impersonal chain hotels on the coast and this is a breath of fresh air and so unique. The fact they welcome dogs is a huge plus and not something you will find in a lot of places. I have found the managers to be very accommodating and easy going and this has always created a more care free, worry free, and hassle free experience. I have stayed in probably every cabin and each one is unique. Not one is perfect. But I have never seen anything in a room that would make me want my money back. Just get out there, drag your suitcase in, grab a beer, get out to the beach, and stop complaining. You're at the beach!

Room Tip: Ask the managers to make a suggestion if you have a special concern.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank ThanksABunch44
Pacific Northwest
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were looking for a getaway - quiet, peace, and the ocean. We are familiar with the area and chose Happy Camp based on that. To be honest some of the reviews were scary. However, we booked cabin #5 - Couple's Retreat & didn't regret it. Yes, Happy Camp is rustic and a little unkempt, but we were not disappointed. The cabin was clean, the owners friendly, the view amazing, dog friendly, welcoming, and the peacefulness divine. If you want an artificial beach vacation, rent one of the houses. Save the cabins for people who appreciate them. Baja204 sums it up best in her rating - this is what a beach break is all about. We will be repeat customers. PS - yes, wifi was spotty - however that made me realize I was NOT supposed to be hooked on electronics at the beach, I was supposed to be hooked on the beach (and the man sharing my bed).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank pj4ucla-76
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I along with our two dogs visit Happy Camp at least once a year and have been for 15 years. We love Happy Camp. It is right on the beach/bay area. The scenery changes every few minutes as the tide rolls in and out. The owners are fantastic and so very friendly. It is an older place and being next to the ocean has some wear and tear but it is comfortable, clean and there are so much beachy things to do. Not alot of people.....so if serenity and comfort is what you want, this is the place to visit. Have a great time!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LvsToTrvl_9
Richland, Washington
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Bay is so beautiful, the views from the windows in the cabins are perfect, the decor is homey, but there is much that could be done to make these cabins more hospitable. There are many differences between rustic and rundown. I love the charm of the cabins, but they have had so little attention; mold on the window sills, filthy blinds, rust around the toilets on the floor with no caulking, fans that don't work in the bathroom, etc. These problems that are not maintained will further destroy the cabins and I sincerely hope the owners will put a little time into each of the older cabins to save them. The play structure for the children is great, they can pretend they are pirates right on the sea. However, right around the structure are piles of broken wood planks everywhere and looks like a small dump site. The wifi and cell coverage are spotty and sometimes non-existent, so if you are hoping to check in with family or business while you are there, you will probably have to go up the road. We have stayed in 2 of the cabins and would love to come back to this wonderful property, but will probably get a clean room a few miles away instead.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank glamping51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Netarts
Garibaldi House Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Harborview Inn & RV Park
Harborview Inn & RV Park
#1 of 3 in Garibaldi

Been to Happy Camp Hideaway? Share your experiences!