“Gorgeous beach & the best pet-friendly oregon coast spot!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Netarts
Happy Camp Hideaway
Portland, Oregon
“Gorgeous beach & the best pet-friendly oregon coast spot!”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Yes, it's a bit rustic (if you are a sissy), but it's cute, clean, affordable, good service, nice people and TOTALLY PET FRIENDLY!!! We loved walking our dog on the (OFF LEASH!) beach at all times of the day and looking at the ocean, the bay and the sunsets from our large windows--fabulous! We will be returning!

Room Tip: Cabin 9 Rocks! But they are all nice.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KatrinBMJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
WA State USA
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My third summer at Happy Camp and just as marvelous as all the others. Sun, shine, or fog, to sit on the deck, drink coffee, and listen to the ocean is an incomparable experience. To walk the beach in the early morning, to watch the occasional jogger, to take excursions to a variety of local attractions--including an excellent book store in Tillamook--are all great experiences. The cream on the coffee is the location--sandwiched between Cape Lookout and Cape Meares, within driving distance of the rock formation known as the Three Graces and Barview Jetty State Park where one may greet the entrance of the Pacific Ocean into Tillamook Bay.
Once past the modern rentals and into the small collection of old (but with completely updated kitchens) cabins, one can easily imagine themselves in a small beach community of fifty years ago, on a beach which is happily uncrowded, populated by a great collection of traveling singles, families including grandparents and grandchildren, and young couples. The cabins are dog friendly as long as the dogs are well controlled and well behaved.

This is not for everyone. The furniture is mismatched, and the floors have occasional soft spots. The traveler who insists on everything being immaculate and up to date needs to go elsewhere. The traveler who wants to walk the beaches , drink coffe or wine--their choice--and look at the waves, meet a great manager , relax and listen to the ocean, and, at least in my cases, fall gratefully into a soft and welcoming bed at night, needs to come to Happy Camp Hideaway.

Room Tip: Cabin Number nine is the most private--and the most fully booked!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank LollyWAStateUSA
Carlin, Nevada
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We have stayed in different Happy Camp homes for several years and have always been pleased with the accommodations. The Strand is lovely and O'Hearns Heron is a great place. My daughter honeymooned in Cabin #9 and was pleased with it. But Cabin #7 is a dump and should be condemned. The floor slopes in two different directions and every time you try to walk around it is like walking in a fun house! The furniture had holes in it and was dirty. The bed sloped to one side because of the uneven floor and I thought I was going to fall out in the middle of the night. The stove had a burned that didn't work so a crock was shoved into the burner hole and kitchen utensils were stored in it. The whole back of the cabin was damp causing the towels and toilet paper to always feel damp. There was building supplies piled along the outside wall and we saw a rodent run into the pile. I was highly disappointed with this rental and will not stay in this cabin again. There are many nice places to stay at Happy Camp why stay in a cabin that is falling down? I love the area and I will be back I just won't stay at cabin #7!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank calcetin
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My partner and I visited happy camp twice over the past two months, once for four days and once for three. We first time we stayed in Garner's Getaway, the second in #9. Each of them had their own charm, especially #9 because we brought our dogs to this one. Garner's was very well appointed and extremely comfortable, #9 was literally on the beach and very private. We'll be going back again in December with a group of friends, and will probably continue to return often!

There were a few great restaurants in the area. We especially enjoyed a small barbecue shop a few miles away, though there was a fantastic bar & restaurant about a two minute drive (or a ten minute walk on the beach) away.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jon23d
Eagle, Idaho
Reviewed September 25, 2010

This was our second trip to Happy Camp, and we're making this a tradition. The first year we stayed in one of the condos and were very pleased. This year we splurged for one of the oceanfront homes and were not disappointed. The beach is uncrowded and the crabbing is terrific. The manager, Teresa is very friendly and helpful and the rates are reasonable when you consider the location.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MB62
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We found Happy Camp two years ago. the small cabins look funky and old so I had my wife check one out. She thought it was very cute and looked clean. This year we decided to stay. We drove out without a reservation after playing phone tag and missing each other. Cabin 3 was supposed to have 2 queen beds. When we arrived I paid instead of looking the place over, even though it was open and ready for us. We got in and the kids loved the place. My wife was a little less impressed. The couch was thread bare, the rug was ancient and the floor made my wife see sick. We brought our stuff in my daughters picked their room and want to head to the beach.

I checked the couch to see if I could sleep on it since the queen beds were actually full-size but it was lumpy. I pulled up the cushions to see if there was a pull out and there were crumbs and peanuts. I pulled out a vacuum and cleaned it up, but my stomach was sinking. I told my wife I was going to try to get our money back. The manager was great and promptly refunded with no hesitation. She tried finding one of the bigger houses for us but everything on the water was taken.

The price was great at 100 a night so if you don't mind the funkiness go down ad check it out, there were plenty of happy people there. The spot is an absolute gem and the owners are great.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Beavis68
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My husband and I have been going to Happy Camp every year on our anniversary FOR YEARS NOW! We don't even talk about what we are doing on our special day cause when it comes.....we both just know......WE ARE GOING TO HAPPY CAMP! They always have a place for us....fancy or not...we love all of the cabins and have stayed in most all of them! The management has always been very accomodating.....from extra towels to crab pots! They seem to have it all! Rain or Shine....we LOVE HAPPY CAMP! P.S. The neighborhood salon "The schooner" has the best oyster shooters we have ever come across and their chicken wings....well as they say....to die for! We have recommended Happy Camp to our friends and family for years now....some now even have their family reunions there... they love it and are so glad we shared it with them!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HEADQUACK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Netarts
Garibaldi House Inn & Suites
The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
Oceanside Inn
Oceanside Inn
#1 of 4 in Oceanside

Been to Happy Camp Hideaway? Share your experiences!