“Nice roadside breakfast/lunch place”
Review of Bunk House

Bunk House
Ranked #9 of 15 Restaurants in Nehalem
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Stopped for breakfast on our way south. Homey place. All the usual breakfast choices. Among our group we had omelets, breakfast burritos, waffles, etc. Everything was good

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed December 3, 2017

Delicious homemade fare with an excellent cook and very friendly waitress. Small place and quite personal, with coffee cups of "regulars" hanging on the wall. Food was tasty and deserts yummy. We took boxed lunches for our next day.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Use this place quite often. Friendly service, good food and good local atmosphere. Meet a lot of people I know from the local area. Nice hometown local.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed January 17, 2017

The best chicken fried steak I have found outside the Southern states and orders are cooked just the way you ask! Service is quick, there is a ramp for those who need it have high chairs for the tots, Just sit back and enjoy!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed October 30, 2016

Met some friends that were staying in Rockaway and Nehalem is about half way. Had heard good things about the Bunk House's breakfast, but we decided to have lunch. My friend had a bowl of clam chowder, her husband had the patty melt, and I had a taco salad (no onion).
The waitress was a bit pushy in my opinion; we had basically just sat down and she wanted to know if we were ready to order.
The patty melt looked very lonely, just next to the small bowl of coleslaw.
My taco salad (if you can call it that) was just lettuce, weird taco meat, and a sprinkle of cheese in a taco bowl. Now granted, I did say no salsa or sour cream, but the 90% lettuce was screaming for help. I did ask for ranch to eat my "lettuce" with.
Not really sure on the prices, as my friends paid for my tab.
The restaurant cleared out fairly quickly around 1ish, and we were rushed, yet again, by the waitress, as she quickly cleared the plates just as we were eating our last bites.

Date of visit: October 2016