“Pasta Dinner”

Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Nehalem
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

We each ordered pasta. The service was a bit careless but I enjoyed my lemon, olive oil and garlic linguine with vegetables(sun dried tomatoes, black olives, spinach and artichokes.) The flavors were good, pasta was cooked perfectly. It could have been served hotter but I thought overall it was very good. My husband ordered spaghetti with red sauce and ground beef. It wasn’t what he expected. It was red sauce with ground beef chunks not a ground beef sauce but he said the flavor was good and ate every bite. Our Greek salad came late, greens were fresh, dressing kind of gummy. A red wine vinaigrette would have made it much better. For the price point though it was a surprisingly good meal.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 7, 2018

I ordered a build your own medium pizza with thin crust, their Rustico sauce house-made Italian sausage, black olives, provolone and mozzarella cheeses. The pizza was perfectly prepared and baked. The crust was crispy and very flavorful. The Rustico sauce (combination of Marinara and garlic cream sauce was an excellent compliment to the other ingredients. The sausage had a trace of red pepper flake to give a nice low zip to the flavor. The cheeses were melted or golden brown. One of the better pizza experiences that I have ever had. Finished up with a very good blackberry cobbler for desert. The blackberries were cooked to perfection. There flavor and tartness were left to shine, thanks to very little sweetener or sugar. The pastry portion was not as crisp as I would have liked but that was'nt the focus. Our server was very friendly and attentive.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 29, 2018

I have friends who I had have visited in Nehalem for years and have eaten at the Pizza Garden for years. Jeannie, the owner, created a wonderful restaurant with her own recipes. Over time, it has become a very overpriced place with so few toppings on the pizza that you wouldn't recognize what you had ordered. We ate there about a year ago and it was bad! We decided to give it another try the other night, and it was even worse, if that's even possible. There are so few toppings that you might as well just order a cheese pizza. Extremely overpriced for what you get. I don't mind paying more fro food if it's worth it, but save your money. This place is no longer worth it! Very sad.....

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank B M
Reviewed March 2, 2018

Friendly service and good pizza and pasta dishes. Plenty of room to sit. Easy parking. After lunch, we walked down the street to some of the neighboring antique shops.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 5, 2018

Wide variety of choices and ingredients mixes from Margherita to Thai flavor - nice taste treats. We are regulars - you should try it.

Date of visit: December 2017