All reviews weary travelers three rooms great night's sleep next morning portland closet comfort
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Painted Lady B & B is a cozy alternative to a hotel. We stayed the night before we golfed at Myrtle Creek Golf course which is a favorite of ours. We had the place to ourselves and could choose our room. The rooms where very clean. A bit noisy from the road below. Breakfast was heavy and sweet. We would have preferred an option for healthy. We had to leave most of the food uneaten. Presentation was lovely, though! See photo.

Room tip: Choose the back bedroom.. darker window shades and may have less traffic noise from street.
Date of stay: May 2013
4  Thank BarefootBuddies
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This Lovely B/B is such a convenient stop between WA, OR and CA. Just a minute off I5. This is my forth stay here, and each time I have a wonderful sleep in this quiet town. The bed in Minnie's Room is heavenly soft!. A special treat is always waiting for me in the fridge!. Breakfast is out of this world. Wendi, the owner, is a delight!! She is very knowledgable about the area, local attractions. This lovely B/B can be rented as a vacation rental or a special event if you so desire!

This is one of my all time favorite stays!

Room tip: Couples - Simon Selig room is spacious! Henriette's and Minnie's Rooms are queen beds, and both lovely too! I always stay in Minnie's room at the end of the hallway!
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank GINA R
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I returned to the charming town of Myrtle Creek in Southern Oregon last weekend as we drove from Seattle to San Diego. For he second time, we stayed at the Painted Lady B & B and Tea Room which is only 3 minutes off the I-5 freeway. We were warmly welcomed, treated to fresh and delicious chocolate chip cookies and hot tea, and ushered into our delightfully decorated Victorian room. Robes were provided, extra quilts, luxurious towels and access to a lovely sitting room for games after eating dinner at the local Mexican restaurant. Our innkeeper, Wendi, served a three course hot breakfast in the dining room at 8am the next morning, replete with doilies, fine china and cloth napkins. Every detail is thought of to make weary travelers feel like royalty! We will return to the Painted Lady often!

Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank Shirley B
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Celebrated my birthday at the Painted Lady (again) and I look forward to it every time. Not only is the food superb (chicken bean soup, vegetarian quiche and Oreo cheesecake) but the ambiance and decor are yummy too. My granddaughters enjoy their annual visit because Wendi encourages them to "dress up" in the fun and glitzy hats, boas, shoes and princess dresses she provides. It's a treat for the soul, candy for the eyes, and fun too. We sat by the fireplace where it was cozy today. It's a great place to find a special gift or card too. Dan and Wendi have made it a wonderful place to stay as well. I'd highly recommend their B&B to travelers. And if you live locally and haven't visited yet, shame on you! You'll absolutely love this place.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank radford_10
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is nice and quaint place to rest. We had the whole place to ourselves which was nice since there is a shared bathroom. The dessert and breakfast were very good. Lots of drinks in the fridge. Wendy thought of everything. There's a laptop in the kitchen if you need to tap into the world otherwise without TV you really are disconnected from the world. You'll leave here full and if you go shopping in her antique store you'll leave with less money too!

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank LuvGod
Dan J, Owner at The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Wendi and I want to thank you for staying at The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room recently. We appreciate your kind and thoughtful review. It is rare that we have more than one guest or couple at a time unless there is a family, so the shared bathroom hasn't become an issue. Wendi just received a beautiful write up in the News-Review October insert, Encore. We hope you will come and stay again. Dan & Wendi Jocoy