“A place of respite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Creek
The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room
You added The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 1 Myrtle Creek B&B and Inns
eugene,oregon
“A place of respite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is nice and quaint place to rest. We had the whole place to ourselves which was nice since there is a shared bathroom. The dessert and breakfast were very good. Lots of drinks in the fridge. Wendy thought of everything. There's a laptop in the kitchen if you need to tap into the world otherwise without TV you really are disconnected from the world. You'll leave here full and if you go shopping in her antique store you'll leave with less money too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LuvGod
Dan J, Owner at The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Wendi and I want to thank you for staying at The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room recently. We appreciate your kind and thoughtful review. It is rare that we have more than one guest or couple at a time unless there is a family, so the shared bathroom hasn't become an issue. Wendi just received a beautiful write up in the News-Review October insert, Encore. We hope you will come and stay again. Dan & Wendi Jocoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Exceptionally nice place to stay, especially if you are traveling along Interstate 5 looking for a unique experience on your journey. Men---this may not be your cup of tea :-) but the women will love it!

This was our first time staying in a B&B and we couldn't have been more pleased. Although it wasn't really the B&B experience we had heard of since we were the only ones in the house but that was great for us. The owners do not live there so it is only the guests that stay there.

Our wonderful experience started when we parked and a very nice man walked up to us and introduced himself as the husband of Wendi, the owner. Not only was he kind and welcoming we also found out he is the local pastor and mayor. Hey---we are hot stuff meeting the mayor on our first 10 minutes in town. He gave us great tips for places to eat and see while we were there. Thanks Dan!

The home itself is so quaint and beautiful with a million antiques everywhere I can't even begin to describe it. My face lit up the minute we walked in the door, my husband just smiled knowing this was the type of thing I loved. Wendi, the owner has done an amazing job of remodeling this old victorian home to make you truly feel like you are walking back in time. There are three rooms, all nicely decorated. We stayed in the Simon Selig room which had a very comfortable queen size bed along with a single trundle bed. I think my biggest giggle came when I saw the clawed tub with a shower curtain that goes completely around it. I couldn't wait to take a shower in it :-) I think my husband and I were both pleased we didn't have to share the bathroom with any other guests. FYI- The house does not have a TV which you certainly don't need.

The B&B is above an amazing tea room that Wendi has created. I would love to have a tea party for my granddaughters there someday. Thank you so much Wendi for taking the time to let us view your adorable tea room.

OK, this is a long review because we really loved this place. The most wonderful experience was Wendi's breakfast. Based on the previous reviews and website I wasn't sure just what to expect so let me share. It began with Wendi wanting to know what time we wanted breakfast the night before. We were not sure what to expect the next morning since they don't live there, around 1/2 hour prior to breakfast time we hear Wendi drive up but she goes in downstairs to the tea room to prepare the amazing breakfast. At the determined time she knocks on the door with a beautiful smile, sets the table with antique dishes and begins to bring us our 5 course breakfast. I will post pictures soon but I don't know that this is a standard menu. Not only was the breakfast incredible but Wendi took the time to sit with us and answer questions about living in Myrtle Creek since we are looking for a new area to relocate.

Overall, this place is a GREAT place to step out of the hassles of life and relax! It's truly as though you are in another world. Thank you so much Wendi and Dan for a wonderful experience. We will be back again as we make the journey from Sacramento to Portland to visit our children and grandchildren.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msamber
Wendi and I cannot thank you enough for such a thoughtful review of The Painted lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room. It was a blessing meeting you both and we will be praying about where you decide to relocate one day. We have met some of the kindest people since we started the B & B. We definitely hope to see you again. It would be our pleasure to serve in the Tea Room or in the B & B. Dan & Wendi Jocoy
Central Californa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Wow, we found the Painted Lady online, when planning our return drive from Seattle to the CA central San Joaquin Valley. We needed a respite, and are glad we chose this place! I had never stayed in a B&B where the owners did not live in. It was interesting to get the door code, let ourselves in, and even be the only guests! Wendy arrived bright and early, and prepared the most awesome breakfast! It rivaled upscale restaurants. Our room was lovely and cosy, and we loved the house's decor and ambience. We will stay here again when we drive to and from Seattle from Californa. Thanks Dan & Wendy!

Room Tip: just a short jaunt off the freeway, it is worth it, a tiny old town.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
We were so glad to have you stay recently at The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast. Wendi knew having a secure touch keypad would be a great feature for our guests. We live only a 1/2 mile away and most days Wendi meets our guest(s) upon arrival. Sometimes though a guest will come in late so the touch keypad is perfect. The house is safe and secure and we are so glad you stayed and hope to have you again! Dan & Wendi Jocoy
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Worth the trip to Myrtle Creek, OR ! The rooms are beautiful, and the breakfast is great. It's near the wine country in Southern Oregon, so you can stay there and tour the wineries the next day. It's in a small town, so it's very quiet. The front garden is amazing as well.

Room Tip: I like the Simon Selig room the best.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Wendi and I really appreciated you staying at The Painted Lady recently. Wendi has done a great job at making the B & B a unique and pleasing experience. We feel very blessed to have such quality people stay with us. Thank you for your kind review and we definitely hope to have you come our way again in Myrtle Creek, Oregon! Dan & Wendi Jocoy
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was visiting the Crater Lake and OR coast and stayed for 2 nights at Painted Lady B&B. My first night's stay was so satisfying that I came back for one more night to enjoy the warmth and at the B&B. The house is immaculately decorated and has lot of antiques and historical documents/evidences as well. The bedrooms are comfortable and there is a small porch + a living room area with books to read. There is a dining room/restaurant downstairs that is also worth seeing just for the decoration itself. Finally, I would be remiss, if I don't mention about the breakfast that Wendy serves every morning. Its a 5 course sumptuous breakfast consisting of fruit tart, scones, knish, sausage, french toast, etc that kept me full for the rest of the day. Honestly, I don't remember having such a hearty breakfast in ages! Thank you Wendy for your warmth & kindness; your hospitality is surely a trademark at Painted Lady B&B.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you again for such a gracious and kind review of The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room. Wendi really has done a great job in making the entire experience pleasant and fulfilling for our guests. We hope life finds you well and one day you might return to Myrtle Creek, Oregon. We would love to see you! Dan & Wendi Jocoy
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

A fabulous place to get a wonderful lunch. You will not go home disappointed. I live here in Myrtle Creek and I would still like to stay at this beautiful bed-and-breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012
riddle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The Painted Lady Bed and Breakfast Tea Room is my favorite place to dine. The ambiance is exquiste and the food is fabulous. Owners are so charming. It is a perfect place for any holiday, family celebration or a simple quiet and cozy tea and scone afternoon. I give it a high five!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Wildlife Inn
Wildlife Inn
#1 of 2 in Winston
4.0 of 5 stars 48 reviews

Been to The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room? Share your experiences!