“The Glockenspiel is worth the stop”

The Glockenspiel Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Mount Angel
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I did not eat at this restaurant as I was short on time, but I did stop specifically for the Glockenspiel. It was crazy, amazing, entertaining, and totally absurd. I hope it runs forever.

There are newer reviews for The Glockenspiel Restaurant and Pub

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hubby and I stopped here for lunch during a 2-week road trip exploring the Pacific Northwest. We'd been driving for some time and were getting pretty darn hungry, so when we got to Mt. Angel we started searching for a restaurant. Nothing we saw looked very good. Hubby decided to take another spin through town - this time off the highway - and while driving randomly through side streets he made a turn and there it was...The Glockenspiel. The building and clock tower are SO impressive! And, since hubby is German (and I played the Glockenspiel in our high school marching band <grin>), of course we had to stop. The lunch menu is quite varied and reasonably priced. The service was a little slow at first, but I gave the waitress a break for not taking our order sooner because a large table's food had just come up. She did stop at our table to say she'd be right with us; and once she took our order, our service was very good. Hubby had the sausage plate, which he declared was excellent. I had the Wiener Schnitzel, which was moist but not greasy, and very good. I recommend it. We're very glad we found The Glockenspiel and ate there: if we're ever in Mt. Angel again, we'll certainly eat there again.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've been here during Oktoberfest and during other times of the year. Each time I was hopeful and each time was disappointed. This last visit was during the Oktoberfest and ordered the fondu....the cheese was lumpy, broken and just downright gross. Othertimes, the food was poor. Nice people, good service, lousy food.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Fun place with a nice German feel. Good German food...heavier meals so it's wonderful during cool weather. Clock Tower is super cool.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Sorry, not much to say about the food. It was filling and tasted okay. Service was okay. My husband had the meatballs and said they weren't very good. I had the chicken with mushrooms and it wasn't very good either. Probably wouldn't go back. Very cool little town--the Abby was worth a visit!