“A Surprise Treat in the Prairies of Oregon”
Review of Moro Cafe & Bakery - CLOSED

Moro Cafe & Bakery
Cuisines: American
Cochrane, Canada
“A Surprise Treat in the Prairies of Oregon”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I encountered the Moro Cafe only because it was time to eat, but am I ever glad that I found it.

I had a simple lunch of soup and salad, but that was very nicely prepared with fresh produce. The homemade soup was terrific. The dinner bun had some body to it and when I asked I found out that they made them in the restaurant. (Hence the 'Bakery' in their name, as I should have realized. Silly me.)

The two young women tending to the place were friends. One of when was the part owner along with her husband. I always like to see the owner on site. In my experience it always results in better service and the service here was excellent.

They pride themselves in making almost everything from fresh produce, which is something I look for in a restaurant.

The cafe construction was classic stuff from what I remember back in the 50's, so it had a 'feel good' aura about it - at least it did for this old guy.

Summary: Do try to get to this place. You'll not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014

Victoria, Canada
“A Quick Lunch”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stopped in Moro for lunch and to stretch our legs on a recent road trip. When we walked into the cafe we were lucky to get a table as the restaurant was packed. The BLT sandwich was one of the best I have ever had. The staff was friendly and pleasant. We would certainly stop here again when travelling through Moro.

• Visited April 2014
Walla Walla, Washington
“Destination whenever we pass through this area”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This great little cafe serves freshly cooked, delicious meals with high quality ingredients. Meals are prepared with TLC and their desire to make food worth coming back for really shows. The chicken breast was plump and delicious, the vegetables fresh, and the fries were the best I've ever had. We will return here whenever we travel down Hwy 97.

• Visited September 2013
Carson City, Nevada
“Great Food, Good Fun”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you're in the area, why not plan a meal stop at the Moro Café? It has some of the best café / diner type cuisine you could wish for in addition to true homemade goodies. Breakfasts are varied, ample and home style. Varied pancake breakfasts with choice of meat and potatoes are fantastic. The wait staff is extremely attentive, the food served in reasonable time - especially for handmade. I thought the coffee was the best I'd had in a restaurant. The café is bright and cheerful to eat in. The cost was very reasonable, especially for what you will get. And, there are several great antique stores within a very short walking distance. I think the café view is scenic - it is a rural agricultural town setting.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank foodiefool_10
Oregon
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

If you are traveling Highway 97 in north central Oregon and it is approaching time to eat, don't miss this place. Great service, good food, small town ambience and attitude, and it also serves as a Sherman County information outlet. One of the most interesting touches is the display of barn photos adorning the walls, all taken in Sherman County. I will stop here again.

• Visited May 2013